• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Growing Chiles in HEL - 2020

So this is it folks, I've recovered my password and bought 10 seedlings today from Jukka "Fatalii" Kilpinen. Didn't start any of my own seeds due to laziness, though I still might start some to sell.

Pubescens
--------------
3 x Rocoto Marlene
2 x Big Brown
1 x Mini Rocoto
1 x Costa Rica

Annuum
---------------
1 x Jalapeno Early

Baccatum
------------------
1 x Lemon Drop

Chinense
-------------------
1 x Fatalii

Photos coming tomorrow when I clean the junk out of my sauna and establish the grow room again.

Wow, two weeks without an update. Thumb is about 95% OK now but still very tender and need to wear gloves when doing anything rough.

Peppers are all doing pretty good, some better some less. Mini rocoto is so loaded with pods that branches will start breaking soon unless I come up with some sort of strategy.

Lemon Drop is a ridiculously prolific plant. Not so large but already nearly 200 pods. Loaded like a freight train.

We've got 8 Sugar Rush Peaches and some of them have just now started setting pods. Probably will need to take them into the sauna to finish as summer is only valid for 3-5 weeks anymore.

Glad your hand is healing and plants are doing what they are supposed to do. Better do something to save the baby rocoto. I use tomato cages that cone in pieces, the advantage to them is that you can install them on an already mature plant like your rocoto.

A man and his dog, chilis are coming.

Ace, My Man. 4.5 months old, 20 lbs, built like a damned barrel.

IMG_2856.jpeg

Notice that dude has now earned himself the title of Scarface. Messing continuously with our bigger dog and he got taken ahold of with some big teeth by the nose.

Glad to see some production coming along for you, Mika.

Ace is looking awesome, too!

Been battling some really heavy demons over the past few months, doing better now. The last teen moved out so now there's a free bedroom - gonna setup my indoor grow there instead of the sauna. Thinking of getting a grow tent now and maybe another HLG 260w RSPEC. Probably will move inside 1 each of the following:

Rocoto Orange Mini
Lemon Drop
Early Jalapeno
Fatalii Yellow
Sugar Rush Peach

podz said:
Been battling some really heavy demons over the past few months, doing better now. The last teen moved out so now there's a free bedroom - gonna setup my indoor grow there instead of the sauna. Thinking of getting a grow tent now and maybe another HLG 260w RSPEC. Probably will move inside 1 each of the following:

Rocoto Orange Mini
Lemon Drop
Early Jalapeno
Fatalii Yellow
Sugar Rush Peach
Those should get you through the Winter
nicely, Mika!

Have fun updating your indoor grow set-up!

Back