beer GROWING HOPS!!!

cheezydemon said:
Awesome!

Give it some good thought.

The south side of a house is a good bet.

They need to be able to grow up at least 15 feet or so.

Are you a hop head? I am pondering spending 15.99 on a sixer of Stone ruination today.

That is a healthy investment!

My hops are about a foot tall ... I am the QUEEN of hop-heads!
If you can't measure it in IBU's... I aint drinking it!

Hell Yes Angel!

The IPA I have brewing now will be around 90!

Got the answer on the altitude, it is not altitude, but rather the first 7 or 8 feet that don't produce.

IBU's are not everything.

50 IBU's in a pilsener will probably taste more bitter than 100 IBU's in a barleywine or strong ale. Perception of bitterness is drastically affected by sweetness, body... basically all the other facets of the brew.

dreamboat

Nobody likes Saaz or Tettnanger.
I like wheat in summer...Ice cold with a head you can eat with a spoon.
Creamy and thirst quenching.

Something about Saaz hops you can't get from some other hops.That spicey nose I guess.
Smells so good in the boil.

I lean towards Bock and the heavy aged darks for winter.
A little Chocolate malt never hurt a strong winter brew.

A nice nose,a little sweet until the hops kicks in,a nice mellow habanero chocolate malt taste blend and burn that sneaks up on you when swallowed and a high test kick from a goat after a couple 22oz. bottles.

(the above brew aged 1 1/2 years to get mellowed out to the excellent brew it turned out to be.
Used a Bock yeast for pimary fermentation then added a high alcahol cold tollorant yeast at bottling.)
Was a great winter brew.
Well worth the wait.Wished I'd made more than 15 gal. once it aged...

I bet you could have used it instead of kalouha in a sissy milk drink.
Was great to cook with.
Not a barleywine or bock.Something inbetween.

About time!;)

Stone ruination IPA is good, but not worth it to me. I'll drink the Dead Guy for EVER....

My 2nd year Cascade is 12 feet tall............

My first year Hallertaur are 1.5 ft tall....

Everything else is somewhere in between.

I WILL get Pics.

That brew sounds awesome smokemaster!

My last couple raids of the brew supply shop were for cheap, random brew supplies.

2 batches later, I have enough malt for a respectable brew, and......SAAZ!!!!!! lol.

Thought you'd like that smokey.;)

Are sunbeam hops useable? Sorry, I thought that they were purely ornamental. Not so?

my hop plant has growen quite well but seems to have slowed down ones i put it out side im growing it up a cain then it will go along a string up to the top of a tree
IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

And damn you for beating me with pics!;)

Here is the first 2 feey of my 2nd year cascade.
springpics004.jpg

Here is the rest, as well as a couple of others.
springpics005.jpg

And others!
springpics009.jpg

Here they were, dismantling the majestic, but tragically storm damaged beauty of a tree that would have
otherwise shaded my hop garden much ,
much more.
springpics001-1.jpg
springpics003.jpg

no, lol. I didn't bother to program it. Guess I should figure out how NOT to display the date though.

That cascade will hit the roof next week, I need to figure out how to give it more room!

BYO suggests feeding out more line so that it droops, but keeps getting longer.

cheezydemon said:
no, lol. I didn't bother to program it. Guess I should figure out how NOT to display the date though.

That cascade will hit the roof next week, I need to figure out how to give it more room!

BYO suggests feeding out more line so that it droops, but keeps getting longer.

Have it follow the roof line.

imaguitargod said:
Have it follow the roof line.

That is a thought, but there is a pic of a bine lying on the gound and still growing and producing. I think I will pay out a bunch of line and see how that goes.

Back