• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Growing Products

JSKaiser

Banned
Anyone know where I can find a large amount of the one or two gallon plastic buckets used to transfer plants into? I have been using the clay pots and they work great and drain well, but 20 bucks a pot is killing me. Ihave about 300 plants getting ready for transplant, and another 500 still just getting past the seedling stage.

JSKaiser ..... a lot of time you can buy used pots from your local nurseries. They are tuff .... good for years ... but you'd need to clean them. But
seeing how many you need ...... 800 ! ?? , you may want to check local hydro stores. They usually sell these thin walled pots and some are better than others !!!

I just got some nice ones from AHL in Albuquerque.( AHLgrows.com ) The ones I could find in town were pure junk !! They costed me 69 cents each. As many as you want you should be able to get a good deal. So ask anyone you check with ... I'm sure most places won't have 800 in stock and they could have them dropped shipped from their supplier and never touch them. So ask for a price break

Good luck and Peace,
P. Dreadie

JSKaiser said:
Anyone know where I can find a large amount of the one or two gallon plastic buckets used to transfer plants into? I have been using the clay pots and they work great and drain well, but 20 bucks a pot is killing me. Ihave about 300 plants getting ready for transplant, and another 500 still just getting past the seedling stage.

20 bucks??? Are you talking red/orange non-glazed terra cotta pots? I pay $.60/8-1/2"id x 8-1/2 h. over here and that's just for 1 pot; quantity always gets a discount. I wonder what shipping would cost? Sorry, 20 bucks seems outrageous. Cheers.

We have plenty of landscape and nurserys in Houston that will just about give them to you. I see them on Craislist alot too. There are also alot of hydro stores here, that will have them and some other options.

Back