• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing Supplies

Is there anyone who has extra growing supplies they can send me? I have a $0 budget and quite a few seeds coming (i.e my Bhut's being my most prized one ;) ) I don't like asking for things, but y'all seem like very kind people. First year pepper head too btw.

I don't have any extra supplies but I have plenty of suggestions if you don't mind. Does your town have a spring cleanup? Ours has one and the piles are out days ahead of pickup time. Of course street scavenging is free and you find many people throw out good pots or containers that can be used in a garden. A wastebasket with a crack or hole in it is great, means you don't have to drill it for drainage. Empty food containers such as margarine dishes, egg cartons, almost anything can be used to start pepper seeds. Check the back posts and you will see a very creative bunch as far as things to grow peppers in. When I transplant the young peppers to a larger holder they go in plastic keg glasses from the dollar store. Poke a few holes in the bottom, fill with growing mix and plant away. They can stay in those glasses until they go outside to be hardened off at planting time. Many businesses like restaurants, convenience stores will give away their used containers if you ask..pickle buckets, icing buckets, anything that works. Drill some holes in for drainage and plant away. You don't have to invest a lot in getting started with peppers. You can get more elaborate as you go if you want BUT most of all remember those pepper seeds want to grow, plant them and stand back. They will surprise you.

I highly doubt anyone is going to send you free growing supplies jmo, but be patient you don't want to just rush into growing without what you need. from your other post it seems you will be growing indoors and that you have lights and have heat pad for the plants. like pepperfever said/typed germinate in egg carton put heat mat under,once they sprout, then put them puppies in keg cups in holes by the time they are ready to go out you should have money saved up for the rest that you require.

Back