• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Guatemalan Insanity Pepper (GIP) Smoked Serrano

GIP, I hope I did well by you.
10-19-21 oz.jpg
10-19-21 grams.jpg

It did (just barely) all fit in a one gallon Ziploc. I'm not sure if I'll get to a grind stage before the move, but I hope to.
We're really busy.

29 and a half ounces. I hope there'll be enough to go around. I also hope there will be more GIP grows in Andrew's honor in ensuing seasons. I don't know of anyone who didn't love it and the man whose recipe I tried to follow.

Delays delays delays...

Finally today
prep grind.jpg

Almost 2 lbs of powder won't likely look like too much, but this stuff is definitely smoky AND spicy.
the grind.jpg

The Ninja got pretty hot in the process. I didn't want too many whole seeds (was trying to grind ALL of them, but 'tweren't to be), and I have no clue if I should add an anti-cake or even what anti-cake is used with pepper powders, so there'll be none.

My Secret Satan recipient will be getting the first bottle, obviously there will be a few going out after the holidays. We'll chat then...

I honestly wonder how many plants GIP grew every year, I had 5, all over producing quite nicely and still the harvest seems light after all is "cut & dried"...

I enjoyed this project immensely and hope that others might join me in it in any capacity they can in the future. Thanks for watching!

Rest in peace, Andrew Rider. Know it or not, you've created a wonderful legacy.

Good work, Stetto! Looks like the Ninja does a great job of grinding!

Thanks Paul, and yeah, that Ninja, which I would guess was designed for more of a "pulse" kind of operation, did really really well.

My alternative was a small coffee grinder. Can you imagine how long my day might have been?

Thanks Paul, and yeah, that Ninja, which I would guess was designed for more of a "pulse" kind of operation, did really really well.

My alternative was a small coffee grinder. Can you imagine how long my day might have been?
Not only can I imagine, I can say "Been there. Done that."

Back