• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music guitar

ross said:
jackson makes good guitars. shred metal guitars at that. id like to get a jackson sometime, but i have decided the next thing i get will either be an es-335 or an epiphone dot (same thing, just not a gibson). damn but i want an ibanez rg series too.....

how do you like that jackson you have? does it sound good? can you play it sitting down? (based on the shape..)

i love the jackson. still am not as used to playing it as i am with the fender..since i've only had it for a small amount of time compared to the fender. the jackson sounds better though...better pickups...they are active though..some people don't like that. also the sustain is much better..noticed that right away. playing sitting down is fine with it. i'ts shaped like two v's pointed at each other, so it doesn't slip off your lap like a v does when you are sitting down.

Chuk there are varying degrees of density and weight for mahogany depending on where it comes from. Also these days Gibson tosses around several words and phrases such as "weight relieved" and "chambered" which means holes drilled in the body to provide weight relief. Not sure if the Studio model has that mod or not. Opinions are heatedly pro or con on the issue. If the guitar rocks like you say yours does, its all cool and the gang. Chuk ...post a new pic with all your "ladies".

does the studio use the same wood as the standard? i know my standard was seemingly heavier than my buddy's studio. but nothing beats the 7lb ernie ball. haha

Just be glad you don't have to lug around these.....

drumz.jpg

mark iv?

i was up between that and the rectifier. the mark IV was out of the price range. when i get myself a house im going to get a mark iv and a 4x12.. probably my ideal amp.

DC-5, 50w, but that's Boogie watts! The clean channel is worth the cost (and weight) alone. It's very shape-able tonewise, and louder than I need most of the time. The gain channel allows me to obliterate planets! I might try out a 1x12 ext cab and put some Tone Tubbies in 'em, see how fat it gets. For bigger events, it gets mic'ed, which I prefer over going direct.
b

dang, it looks identical to a mark 4. dont use a tone tubby w/ a mesa! use a vintage 30 :)

i have heard good things about that speaker though. my friend talks about it alot, and apparently it was in some crate amp - the only one they make that is good - and he likes it. i dunno.

my amp is 50w too, and it will blow your head off - i can definitely relate to the "boogie watts" hehe

still, nice amp - i like the little EQ thing built in, thats one thing that was drawing me to a mark 4. i really would like a lonestar too.. and a stilleto, and a road king. dont want much :)

Save your ears, young man, pick up a Martin and play bluegrass & swing instead! The pay is better and you won't go home smelling like an ashtray! No, seriously, if you get a Mark IV or Road King, you'll never need another amp the rest of your life. Although a trio of stacked lonestars, hmmmm......
b

i used to want a road king, until i realized the head was 2700 brand new. or something ridiculous like that, plus i would have no where to play that thing at a volume that would be suitable. mark iv on the other hand.... man that thing sounds so good.

a bunch of stacked lone stars sounds awesome too! haha

that would be a clean channel that would be hard to rival.

Back