spirits Hab Vodka..

Hi all,

I'm starting to get a few ripe habs on my tree.. and am thinking about doing some hab (meltdown) infused vodka.. I've got a couple of questions though..

1) how many habs should i put in?
2) how long should i leave it for?
3) should it go in the freezer or the cupboard?
4) should i use any vodka (ie: smirnoff or absolute) or a special brand?

I need to keep MrMel from my stash!! :P

any suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mel

If you use more than one hot pod i think it would be too hot, remember that you can add more but you cant take heat away.
I personally would use a dried pod, that way the goodness comes out faster. Maybe a couple of weeks, as for what kind of vodka i would say start with cheap stuff and move up from there.
You can just store it in the cupboard and transfer to the freezer when you are going to drink it.

thanks guys, i'll check out the links (was too lazy to search tonight)...

not sure about a dried one.. i want it now!

mel, I agree with what nova said...start with one then if it is not hot enough, add another...you can't take the heat out but you can surely put it in...and I would use whatever vodka I had on hand...or the cheap suff if you are just experimenting....

I put about 10 wild tepins that were dehydrated in a bottle of quervo gold...dayum...that stuff was almost too hot to drink, but I had to finish it anyway...

coolies.. i'll add one to start and see how she goes... i'll get her ready tomorrow night... might be too early to try for the weekend.. but you guys know me well enough by now.. (it will probaly be all gone by sunday!!)

Go with dry pods if possible otherwise you'll be diluting and clouding your vodka. My favorite is always fatalii vodka!

agree with Potawie on the dried pods...

mel, it may not be ready for a week or so...I let the tequilla sit for about 3 weeks before I tried it....AWESOME!!

fine!! I'll stick with beer on the weekend and let it sit for a week or so.. but its gonna have to be a fresh pod as I'm so damn impatient!

Novacastrian said:
Don't do it Mel!! I will send you a few dried fataliis tomorrow. You would have them by friday!

My Hero!!! I wont be here to sign for it though! you'll have to get them to leave it on the doorstep.. might be a chance that MrMel can sign for it.. but i dunno..

thank you!!! again - MY HERO!! what would i do without THP?????

although.. i do think my meltdown habs are going to be awesome :P they are looking cool.. (or should i be saying HOT!!)

i'll dry some out... but you all know i'm impatient!! i'd rather add some freshies than wait for it to dry out! :P

You wont have a problem, i am sending about 1/2 a dozen fatalii's. Enough for at least three bottles!

okay... the dried fatalii is now in the vodka bottle, and the vodka bottle is hidden in the back of the cupboard where its going to stay for at least a week! I just put two dried halves in (thanks nova!) - do you think thats enough?

Yes i think that will be just fine. The heat of a pod seems to get amplified when you soak it in alcamahol.

Chemist here: Do not let the bottle just sit, it will extract quicker if you shake it a couple times a day. Also, use cheap vodka (smirnoff), the hab will counteract anything that is mild flavored in the expensive vodkas.

Back