• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Habanero and Sphaghetti

The other night, I decided to throw in a fresh habanero from my brother-in-law's garden into my spaghetti sauce of bell peppers and Ragu sauce. This was the first time, I have actually use a habenero, and the flavor was awesome. I chopped it up really small. It permeated the whole sauce with a slight sweet heat. When I bite into a small piece I knew it. I will definitely start cooking with more habaneros.

I add frozen diced habaneros from last year crop to my spaghetti and absolutely love the flavor it adds. I love it so much I think it makes me eat more than I should though.

yes they are my favorite also

Fatalii would be a great choice the flavor is very pronounced and "citrusy" never had habs in spaghetti before sounds like i wanna try it

i have however baked a pizza with fresh sliced hab and jalapeno and it was wonderfull, the Hab flavor came through incredibly!! it was a waste putting the jalapeno on though the hab overpowered them no loss, it was wonderfully hot and i was genuinely at the store bought habs usually they suck, these were good

thanks always looking for some excuse to eat hot peppers not that i need one

thanks your friend joe

How about this pasta recipie from The East Coast Grill, called....

Pasta From Hell!

Rated 9 Bombs!
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
2 bananas, sliced
¼ pineapple juice
Juice of 3 oranges
3 Bhut Jolokia peppers, minced*
Juice of 2 limes
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons very cold butter
1 pound fettuccine, cooked and drained

In large sauté pan, heat the oil and saute the onion and red bell pepper over medium heat for 4 minutes.

Add the bananas and pineapple and orange juice. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the Bhut Jolokia peppers and cook 1 minute.

Remove pan from heat. Add the lime juice, cilantro and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.

Swirl in butter.

Toss with fettuccine

Back