• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Habanero Long Red Hot Organic Chilli Seeds

Hi,

I bought some Habanero Long Red Hot Organic Chilli Seeds from The Chile Pepper Company
http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/hot_chili_pepper_seed.htm

And I was looking around the web for info on them, and nothing. When I say nothing, there was a few hits but all seems to be related in some way to The Chile Pepper Company. Same photo, same description.

I went to The Chile Man data base and the only pepper that looks similar is the Habanero XIXIXI, here's the link.
http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?page=6&chile=1&find=hab&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any

What do you think, any ideas?

Cheers.

Looks interesting but Gerald is known for making up names and shifty marketing practices.
The chili itself does not look like a habanero at all, just an elongated, pointy C. chinense

Thanks for the replies.

MMmm, now this is interesting. I got 4 different types from him. Yellow Burkina Habanero, which isn't a Hab, Long Red, which is looking starting to look suspect, Curry Chilli, that no one else has heard of and Ring of Fire.
Looks like I need to find a better source for my seeds. I'm gutted, I bought two habs and most likely got zero. :(

I'm in Thailand any ideas of good seed suppliers that'll ship to me.

Pepperlover or thehippyseedco or ajijoe or wild fire chilli or chilliseedbank lol theres heaps bro and there is a thread around here somewhere. :P

Pepperlover or thehippyseedco or ajijoe or wild fire chilli or chilliseedbank lol theres heaps bro and there is a thread around here somewhere. :P
LOL! The thread stuck to the top of the Growing Forum is where I came across The Chile Pepper Co. :(

I'll check out some of your recommendations, Cheers.

Thanks for the replies.

MMmm, now this is interesting. I got 4 different types from him. Yellow Burkina Habanero, which isn't a Hab, Long Red, which is looking starting to look suspect, Curry Chilli, that no one else has heard of and Ring of Fire.
Looks like I need to find a better source for my seeds. I'm gutted, I bought two habs and most likely got zero. :(

I'm in Thailand any ideas of good seed suppliers that'll ship to me.

Don't worry, most chiles labbelled as habaneros are actually hab-nots, but that doesn't mean that they aren't great C. chinenses. The Burkina is actually one of my favorites

Don't worry, most chiles labbelled as habaneros are actually hab-nots, but that doesn't mean that they aren't great C. chinenses. The Burkina is actually one of my favorites
Yeah for sure, I think I got lucky with the Burkina as it's very heat resistant and with the 40C temps here in Thailand it's bearing up well. I've learnt a lesson here and I'm sure that's all part of the gardening learning curve. When I want to buy apples take a closer look at the bag and make sure they're not oranges!!

I can see me back here in a few months with a can you ID this pepper question.

The ones I have either bought from or know through trustworthy friends are:

Hippie seed company (have not used but..hey..we know they rock)
Pepperlover (have used and she has great product and super good service)
PepperJoe (I know some don't agree but I personally have had good luck with him in years past)
TradeWindFruits(used first time this season, good company)

Hi,

I bought some Habanero Long Red Hot Organic Chilli Seeds from The Chile Pepper Company
http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/hot_chili_pepper_seed.htm

And I was looking around the web for info on them, and nothing. When I say nothing, there was a few hits but all seems to be related in some way to The Chile Pepper Company. Same photo, same description.

I went to The Chile Man data base and the only pepper that looks similar is the Habanero XIXIXI, here's the link.
http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?page=6&chile=1&find=hab&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any

What do you think, any ideas?

Cheers.

Looks a lot like "Hot Paper Lantern". http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6299-hot-paper-lantern.aspx
I have also bought seeds there - once I bought an F1-variety that wasn't marked with F1 neither on the site or on the package - I wrote him and told him that it was very frustrating, but he didn't even bother to send me an answer. Also this year out of 50 varieties, "Ali" which I bought last year from him, was the ONLY one not to germinate... The renaming of varieties is very unsympathic.

Cheers Donnie,

the Hot Paper Lantern looks like a contender.

I sent them an e-mail 3 times asking a few questions nothing difficult, how big does a curry chilli grow sort of thing, and got naff all back. My Burkina seeds were labelled C.annuum. I won't be shopping there again.

The ones I have either bought from or know through trustworthy friends are:

Hippie seed company (have not used but..hey..we know they rock)
Pepperlover (have used and she has great product and super good service)
PepperJoe (I know some don't agree but I personally have had good luck with him in years past)
TradeWindFruits(used first time this season, good company)
Cheers for the info, I've just sent Pepperlover an email. I'll get some habs soon!

Sorry, thats one type I don't have seeds for. Great, prolific plants but I kind of got bored of growing them a long time ago.
They are very common so I'm sure someone here can help you out with seeds.

Back