• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Habanero with a tail?

I was just shopping in my local grocery store and saw some orange habs and a few of them in the basket had tails? I never saw any like that in the store before. They looked like crap otherwise so I didn't want to buy one to see if it was hotter than a normal hab. I just thought it was neat. Here are a couple pics.
IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

I was just shopping in my local grocery store and saw some orange habs and a few of them in the basket had tails? I never saw any like that in the store before. They looked like crap otherwise so I didn't want to buy one to see if it was hotter than a normal hab. I just thought it was neat. Here are a couple pics.
IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

I saw something almost identical tonight, but didn't get a good picture of it. I was surprised to. I'm in Maine.

Would be funny if someone was sneaking superhots into the hab basket! If I recall people here have mentioned this before. :D

I have put goats weed into normal birds eye baskets before. The general custom deserves some goodness.
Habs with tails sound cool, grow some in my opinion.

It looks like Brain Strainish? or something like that. I'd buy it for sure and grow it out to see what comes of it. Diamond in the ruff :)

I found something similar and I bought it, saved the seed and the plant is now putting out pods. But they look just like normal orange habs except for a few pods, nothing out of the ordinary really.

Here's what the pods on a plant I grew from seed collected from an orange hab that looked scorpion-like in a super market

Just look like orange habs
P1160549.jpg

I've got some pods that are growing that way on my red hab. I heard it has something to do with flower separation when the pods set? Could be wrong though...

Back