• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HabaneroHead's 2014 Glog - Nuclear Destruction

Hello Everyone!

Thought it would be a great idea to start my glog. :P
I am going to start my seeds this year earlier, which will be the 31st of December.
As the topic title indicates, this year is not going to be childplay, thanks to Rick (stickman) and Conor (Saugapepper) who shared some real kick-ass peppers with me.
I am stil using my T5 lamp with a 59 cm long special grow-bulb (Osram Fluora 18W), but I am in the process to create a bigger grow box, to satisfy the needs of the plants. I know it is not the best setup, but according to my experience it is just enough till we get enough sunlight (from April).
I am planning to sow 5 seeds per each variety, starting with the Chinenses first, using plant trays. ( I have the 7 Pot Burgundy from two source, which means 10 seeds :P )

Here is my list for 2014:

7 Pot Savannah
7 Pot Burgundy
7-pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Douglah Alphanerdz-strain
SBJ7 (scotch bonnet-Jonah-7)
Peach Bhut
White Bhut
Black Naga
Naga Morich
Red Naga
Not Yellow Bhut
Funky Reapers
Jays Peach x TS
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow
TS Brainstrain (red)
TS Brainstrain (yellow)
Brown Moruga Scorpion
Chocolate Habanero
Magnum Orange Habanero
Maya Red Habanero
Red Habanero
Numex Poblano
Holy Mole' Hybrid Pasilla
Serrano Tampiqueno

I hope you will enjoy my glog this year!

Balázs

Thank you, Scott!
My fiancee was doing the pics.
Zétény is doing well. Sleeping during the night, and being cute during the day. There is only 1-2 hours in the evening what he keeps for himself for crying. :-)
Let me just post a pic about him... He was born on the 19th of July...and was already 5200 grams last week...

Balázs

Glad to see you are getting a good output of chiles Balázs... The Douglahs look right, and the "Not Yellow Bhut" I sent you seeds from must have crossed with the Yellow 7-pot I had planted next to it last year. The Yellow 7 had huge pods too.  Zétény is growing like a weed... your Dad must have told you what mine told me... always marry a woman who's smarter and better-looking than yourself so your kids will benefit... ;)  Take care my friend, and our best to you and your family!

Devv said:
Well he's a great looking child, well done! (give Mom some credit too) ;)
Thank you, Scott! :-)

stickman said:
Glad to see you are getting a good output of chiles Balázs... The Douglahs look right, and the "Not Yellow Bhut" I sent you seeds from must have crossed with the Yellow 7-pot I had planted next to it last year. The Yellow 7 had huge pods too.  Zétény is growing like a weed... your Dad must have told you what mine told me... always marry a woman who's smarter and better-looking than yourself so your kids will benefit... ;)  Take care my friend, and our best to you and your family!
I am glad, too :-) The Douglahs are real beasts. It is interesting to see red and yellow pods on the "Not Yellow Bhut" plants. The Yellow 7 has big pods, but not as big as the yellow brains...those are huge. Zétény is growing like weed, indeed :-) Ha-ha :-) My fiancee is indeed better looking than me :-)))))

It is time to do a small update.
Today I received a 'care package' from my Mom. Approx 9-10 kilogramms of peppers (20 pounds or so) were received... I am trying to sell some of them (50 cent per piece), and to process most of them. Smoking of ingredients and making sauce and/or drying them can be options.

Thanks for watching!

Balázs

Wowza I see where you got your excellent gardening skills from ( your momma ) .  
Your plants are perfect in all aspects and the harvests are top notch .
I know I am way behind but congrats on the new edition . He is a looker . 

Stay spicy my  friend  :fireball:

I take it your parents sent pods from your grow at their place. That was very nice of them. ;)

And of course a fantastic harvest!

Back