• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Habermelon

WOW what a different sauce! They said that watermellon couldnt be done. They were wrong! This is a sauce that should be in everyone's collection/fridge!
This thing had an aroma that I still cant quite place. Watermellons smell a little "airy" on their own to begin with. I am assuming thats what gives this sauce its aroma. After you put it in your mouth, you are left with a sweet aftertaste with a hint of watermellon.
Such a nice sauce....ENJOY!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-72WJc6wq1Q[/youtube]

I've got my order in the mail... I decided to go with 1 of each but no Blueberry was out yet... is that an in progress version for you to test?

Sounds like it might be good..

That was a b!tch to get down. In case curious about reasons for use:

carrots - I use to add volume and they for the most part don't add much flavor to interfere. Although with this one it was hard to avoid the carrot taste bleeding through. That fresh smell is the watermelon.

Vinegar(not in this one), lemon, and lime are acidic and I use to lower pH to around 3.5 and add flavor when needed.

Nice vid Sean. I love the fact I could confuse you on the ability to describe.

Some local friends and I tried it on plain wings. All I will say is you have to try it on fried chicken.

Thanks, hittmann!! I dont believe you have to eat a gallon of sauce to taste it. A bigger spoon wont get you any more heat than what a baby spoon will do, trust me. Its all a matter of preference, really.

Zokambaa...If Im not mistaken, he DOES have it ready now. Not sure. Only one way to find out....

Brian...you hit a home run on this one homie! I would be surprised if the 20 bottles you have last long. Too bad you dont have a booth for everyone to try a small sample of. Consistency was PERFECT in this one! Not too thick, not too thin. I LOVED it!!

Ryan...Thanks man! We've all been missing some vids from YOU lately....

Another great review Sean! The sauces from Brian are so well blended and balanced nothing really sticks out unless its supposed to. I cant wait to see the blueberry review that one sounds interesting, maybe there will finally be a hot sauce for pancakes!

Chad

Hot sauce on pancakes...hmmmmmmmmm.
I think he's thinking he's finally gonna get me on heat with this one. Mwahahahahaha

Hmmm... dunno about hot sauce... although I have heard some people put Marie Sharp's Beware in their morning oatmeal... (I tried it... and either it was the apple/cinnamon version of my instant oatmeal that made it not so good...or hot sauce in oatmeal is not as good as some say.. maybe I'll try the plain non-instant variety next time..)

Hot sauce on pancakes... still not so sure about that... maybe a blueberry vewrsion might convince me otherwise... now a nice Jalapeño jelly is good... or.. if there are Habañero jellies I'd be game... I've had the Jalapeño version and it is awesome with a light cream cheese on bagels or crackers...

it's sweeter than a sauce.. but I went through a jar of the Jalapeño jelly I was given one time in very short order... and I am not the biggest Jalapeño fan either.... I'd love to try a Hab version...

I think he's thinking he's finally gonna get me on heat with this one. Mwahahahahaha

Nah **hiccup** I wouldn't do that :whistle:

Hmmm... dunno about hot sauce... although I have heard some people put Marie Sharp's Beware in their morning oatmeal... (I tried it... and either it was the apple/cinnamon version of my instant oatmeal that made it not so good...or hot sauce in oatmeal is not as good as some say.. maybe I'll try the plain non-instant variety next time..)

Hot sauce on pancakes... still not so sure about that... maybe a blueberry vewrsion might convince me otherwise... now a nice Jalapeño jelly is good... or.. if there are Habañero jellies I'd be game... I've had the Jalapeño version and it is awesome with a light cream cheese on bagels or crackers...

it's sweeter than a sauce.. but I went through a jar of the Jalapeño jelly I was given one time in very short order... and I am not the biggest Jalapeño fan either.... I'd love to try a Hab version...

When you get your box try the AppleTalli. It is good in oatmeal.

Tempting... I always have some apple flavored instant in the cupboard... Perhaps it was the onion in the Marie sharps that didn't work so well when I tried it before....

Nah /me hiccup

When you get your box try the AppleTalli. It is good in oatmeal.

Just tried the Habermelon tonight on some fried chicken breast tenders ..... Mmmmmm Mmmmm ... damm that was good !

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks Brian and M e r r y - C h r i s t m a s everybody !

Glad you liked it Big Tex I made Shake and Bake for my boys tonight and left a plain chicken breast for me that I smothered with Peachey Hab and then they all went in the oven. I hadn't tried it yet on chicken and well I think the peach will continue to be for adding to salsa and on pork loin for me. I love the HABermelon on fried chicken though. It's a picnic in your mouth just add lemonade.

Just tried some of the Habermelon on some mozzarella cheese sticks which were breaded in an italian seasoned batter and fried.. it works really well with that.

I think anything with italian flavorings and heavy on the cheese would really work well with this sauce.

Holy cow....

Brian was nice enough to send me a couple bottles of this sauce.....

One to use...and of course.....one to put up in my collection(but I'll ge to that one in a sec)

100_4325.jpg

As for the sauce, I couldn't wait to try it. I've heard such amazing things about it and I really love sweet sauces.

It did not let me down.

(Had to take this thing out though..... :rofl:

100_4324.jpg

This was truly a treat to try...and I hope he keeps making it.......cause this bottle isn't going to last very long! Retta and I were having dinner (leftover lumpia from the Asian t-down) and I brought the Habermelon to the table for myself. (I LOVE the standard spring roll dipping sauce, so this seemed like a great fit.) I poured a healthy bit of it in a bowl and went to town. It was AMAZING!!! The sweetness of the watermelon pairs-up with the heat of the habanero so well that I can't believe someone hadn't thought of it before.

100_4328.jpg

100_4329.jpg

100_4330.jpg

I can't wait to try it on chicken wings!!! :dance:

Heat? I'm giving this one a solid 6. It was JUST tame enough that even Retta was using it!
Flavor? What can I say. It's in a class by itself. I'll be ording more if that tells you anything! :clap:

Collector's gift from Brian:

100_4326.jpg

And here is the one he sent me to put into my collection. It's got a waxed top and he signed it for me.

100_4327.jpg

WAY COOL!!!!!!!

Back