• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Haha. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for free speech (talk shit all ya want) but burning a flag (anyone's flag) is disrespect and uncalled for. Grow up and learn how to discuss without conflict. Some of us take flags very personal and if anyone stupid enough to do that has nothing positive to bring to the table.

robbyjoe01 said:
I'm all for free speech (talk shit all ya want) but burning a flag (anyone's flag) is disrespect and uncalled for. Grow up and learn how to discuss without conflict. Some of us take flags very personal and if anyone stupid enough to do that has nothing positive to bring to the table.
Well said bro.

JuanHubero said:

Why respond with violence to a non-violent act?  
Go ask the New York bikers that practically kicked some flag burners asses recently. Burning the U.S flag is grounds for an ass kicking in not only my opinion but many others as well.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Go ask the New York bikers that practically kicked some flag burners asses recently. Burning the U.S flag is grounds for an ass kicking in not only my opinion but many others as well.

That's your opinion.  However, your opinions don't always line up with what's legal.

Flags aren't alive, so the only thing that gets hurt when someone burns one are your feelings...and just being offended by the act isn't a valid justification for violence.

JuanHubero said:

That's your opinion.  However, your opinions don't always line up with what's legal.

Flags aren't alive, so the only thing that gets hurt when someone burns one are your feelings...and just being offended by the act isn't a valid justification for violence.
And that is your opinion.

That's not my opinion.  That is the law.  Flag burning, however offensive it might be, still falls under the First Amendment.

Personally though, I don't even see the point in burning a flag.  But I also don't see the point in assaulting someone for doing so.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Free speech? Yes. Burning a flag no!
Burn a flag in my presence and you will go to the ER. That's my thoughts on the subject.

That's the problem with society today. Too many people complaining about being offended and then demanding that others be punished when their feelings get hurt. Folks need to grow up and stop expecting that they have some entitlement to being happy all the time. It just doesn't work that way. People need to act like grown-ups and not get their panties in a bunch when they disagree with others. Being angry and emotional does not give one the right to inflict bodily harm on others. 
     Whether you like it or not, our constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to speak their minds, however they choose to do so. It does not guarantee any individual's right to exact justice on others, no matter how offended they may feel. Nowhere in our constitution is there a guarantee of a right to be kept happy. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
That's the problem with society today. Too many people complaining about being offended and then demanding that others be punished when their feelings get hurt. Folks need to grow up and stop expecting that they have some entitlement to being happy all the time. It just doesn't work that way. People need to act like grown-ups and not get their panties in a bunch when they disagree with others. Being angry and emotional does not give one the right to inflict bodily harm on others. 
     Whether you like it or not, our constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to speak their minds, however they choose to do so. It does not guarantee any individual's right to exact justice on others, no matter how offended they may feel. Nowhere in our constitution is there a guarantee of a right to be kept happy.
Holy shit. If I didn't know better, I'd say you sound like a conservative. ;)

Proud Marine Dad said:
Free speech? Yes. Burning a flag no!
Burn a flag in my presence and you will go to the ER. That's my thoughts on the subject.

Standing right behind you on this one. If your punch misses...mine won't.

I am not getting dragged into what's right, wrong, free or otherwise. I will gladly take the penalty associated with it.

Heckle said:

Not really.

Yup. It doesn't seem like standing up for the Bill of Rights is really a "right" or "left" thing.

Heckle said:

I'd burn a flag in front of you then drop the mic.

Please. PLEASE.  :pray: Tell me when this is going to happen. I will buy a video camera and a plane ticket that second.

I wanna see you go to the ER!     :rolleyes:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

tctenten said:
Standing right behind you on this one. If your punch misses...mine won't.

I am not getting dragged into what's right, wrong, free or otherwise. I will gladly take the penalty associated with it.

ya fuck it, right and wrong doesnt matter
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
I wanna see you go to the ER!     :rolleyes:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I might choke from laughing too hard.

They were like fuck right and wrong when they burnt witches.

They were like fuck right and wrong when they burnt books.

They were like fuck right and wrong when they burnt Alexandria.

Theyre like fuck right and wrong then call themselves xtian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back