• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HAIL! RAIN! WIND!

PwnedPepper said:
man i just had to bolt outside and cover up my plants....garbage cans, pots anything....this weather is killer
I hear you man! I'm getting really heavy rain too. I'm lucky enough to have a giant oak tree over mine. It shades them some and protects against the hard rains. They dry out often enough for me to have to water them. It's been in the 90's here for quite awhile now. The plants are mostly in one gallon containers still. I just bought some 8 Gal containers for some peppers. I'll put them in those next and last. They were 9 Dollars apiece and 3 for the tray. I hope they last a few years. Found them at Home Depot.

Good luck to you with the rain. Maybe a small shelter or something?

well it already stopped but im sure this isnt the last of it, the trash cans and stuff should be good for tonight. ide be pissed if they got wrecked, 3 already got peppers on them :hell:

Same thing happen to me couple days ago wind heavy rain & on the top of it hail bomb my plants for few minutes didn't had time to go out & cover but they will recover.

Tell me bout it! Typhoon just rolled through here, ferry sank. You probably saw it on the news. Good news is that, other than a little wind damage, all my babies survived and are doing well. :)

Hey Phil good to hear you made it.Damn been some crazy weather so far this year.The weather is crazy this year to say the least.Good luck to everyone. Rich

Most plants can handle rain and winds, but hail - man, that sucks. The first cash crop I grew (tobacco) got whacked by hail. Fortunately the stalks were not that big and it still produced decently. But one year, we lost acres and acres to hail but dad had insurance. He got a huge settlement (thanks to insurance) and took a bushhog to the field. We made a bunch of money that year, since we could contract to harvest other growers' crops.

Mike

Philipperv said:
Tell me bout it! Typhoon just rolled through here, ferry sank. You probably saw it on the news. Good news is that, other than a little wind damage, all my babies survived and are doing well. :)

Believe it or not I actually thought of you when I heard about that Typhoon. I saw people wading through the city streets and I was thinking.........man wonder how Philiperv and his pepper plants are doing?:)

rabbit said:
Believe it or not I actually thought of you when I heard about that Typhoon. I saw people wading through the city streets and I was thinking.........man wonder how Philiperv and his pepper plants are doing?:)

*Sniff* I'm deeply touched (and so are my plants). :P

Fortunately, I've got a pretty good setup here. My most precious babies are in pots and can be placed out of harms way. A few in the ground were mostly dying even before the storm. I write those off anyway because they can't survive the typhoon season here.

hixs said:
Hey Phil good to hear you made it.Damn been some crazy weather so far this year.The weather is crazy this year to say the least.Good luck to everyone. Rich

Thanks Rich. We normally get a minimum of 20 storms here every year with me getting 3-5 near misses where I live.

I hear it. I live in Riverside, and we got pummelled. My plants are destroyed. Even if they live, it'll take a month for them to recover from the amount of damage that was done - I don't think there is a single leaf left without a tear or a hole. I don't have much hope for peppers this summer.

I'd post pictures, but just looking at them makes me want to cry. Maybe in a few days...

i live over in Burrillville, luckily most of the plants are small to the wind didnt do anything, my 2 big ones had trash cans over em

klyth said:
I hear it. I live in Riverside, and we got pummelled. My plants are destroyed. Even if they live, it'll take a month for them to recover from the amount of damage that was done - I don't think there is a single leaf left without a tear or a hole. I don't have much hope for peppers this summer.
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear about your peppers. Are they in the ground or in containers? Either way, maybe you could put them into containers and bring them inside until they're back on their feet. You might have some peppers before the end of the year that way.

Good luck in whatever you do.

They're in containers. It's supposed to rain for the next 5 days or so. I'll be moving them into my shed tonight. Hopefully they'll be ok...

is it me or is the weather really windy this year ??? could be the end of time ya know.... damn lets hope not i have a really nice garden going at our new home, first time in this ground and i am suprised at how things are going....

Back