Halloween themed sauce?

How about we work together and come up with a recipe?

I'm thinking pumpkin and ghost chilies are obvious choices. I understand there is also a pepper variety called the pumpkin habanero.

P;ease post any ideas on an overall recipe, keeping with the theme. I'd plant as many of these ingredients in my garden this spring as I can if it sounds like it would be a good sauce :)

Also, how about some cool Halloween inspired names for it?

Thanks! I hope to get some good feedback. I happened to think that apple cider is a fall/Halloween drink, so perhaps cider vinegar? Of course I don't want to throw ingredients together just because there are associated with Halloween. But if themed ingredients will work together, I'm all for it :)

The only name I've thought up so far is "Haunted Halloween Sauce."

Casper Pumpkin (remember casper the friendly ghost), Pumpkin Habanero, Ghost Chile (Bhut Jolokia), Cider Vinegar, Apple Cider would make an intresting flavor :) I've tried mixing my apple and pumpkin pie once at thanksgiving and it tasted incedible so adding the heat from the bhut jolokias would be the only thing that could be a problem but it might taste good or even great :)

It's not exactly a sauce but what if you tried making a spicy pumpkin pie?

Edit: I realize that xcsports mentioned pumpkin pie but I was thinking more along the lines of baking it into the pie....mmmm...I do love me some pumpkin pie.

Back