• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hands up. Dont shoot. Drop those seeds.

Becoming a registered seedman wasn't much of a bother in my state.  I asked the folk at the extension office, they told me the requirements and had me fill out a form.  The fee wasnt much of a thing.  However, I understand it is much more expensive and more of a pain in the rear in other states.  But even with our tiny fee, I doubt I would have done it if I were simply sharing seeds.  Guess what?  Yep, even if you are sharing or swapping seeds many states will bust your ass.

Across my country, seed libraries are popping up.  Free seeds, often threw your local library.  People donate their extra.  However, the government is hot and heavy on the practice claiming all sorts of horrors might occur.

Seems to me what they are doing is the same as demanding you have a commercial kitchen if you want to send fruit cakes to friends for Christmas. 

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/16/state-regulators-wage-war-on-seed-savers-video/

I'll stop sharing seeds when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

cone9 said:
I'll stop sharing seeds when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.
funny you should say that , my ol' vietnam friend said that about the government taking his guns from him . his cold dead hands !   I SAY THE GOVERNMENT CAN KISS MY A$$ !      :onfire:

moruga welder said:
funny you should say that , my ol' vietnam friend said that about the government taking his guns from him . his cold dead hands !   I SAY THE GOVERNMENT CAN KISS MY A$$ !      :onfire:
"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington 

NickP said:
"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington 

Plenty of 'Muricans have guns, it's the discipline we lack.  If we were on the ball, the Great Revolution would already be underway...

Geonerd, the revolution has already begin but guns aren't involved because they dont need to be.  People are starting to figure out they have choice and are taking advantage of that knowledge.  That is all it takes.

Back