• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Happiness is a new PC

My 2003 system I built died a while back and money is tight so I purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion from Best Buys website. Not top of the line as I used to build but still far better than the 32-bit AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton chipset system I have had for 9 years. This 64-bit quad core AMD with 8 GB of RAM and Windows 7 should be much faster. Especially with a 1 TB SATA hard drive. Would have loved to have been able to build a Pentium i7 system but I am sure this one I bought will be all I need.

what he said.

if you ever get some cash, id HIGHLY recommend a cheapo SSD drive. maby a black friday deal?

SSD's make everything better.

9 years...? wow... my I7 laptop is 3 years old, and i already feel like i need a new one...

but to be honest... i don't think many people don't need such powerful computers... i do graphic stuff on mine, so i kinda demand it... but for normies around there, a 300 dollar system is way more than enough to whore forums and facebook...

good stuff! my toshiba laptop is 8 years old and running strong! the PC i just built should last just as long! LOL and i picked up some black friday newegg specials to add to it! so not its got 6TB storage, 16GB ram, 2 gtx 560SC 2Gb GPU's, CPU cooler will be here in a couple days.

Back