• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvest/sauce time

ok another harvest (well that I've taken a picture of anyways)
I know I've said it before "theres never to many chiles" but damn! I have plenty of chiles right now to last me til the end of next growing season, & still more pods waiting to be harvested.
been drying them,smoking/dry, freeze for sauces, plus eat'em fresh.

DSCF1800.jpg

5 mystery chiles, neon hab, red/orange/yellow thais, beaver dam, jamacian hot choco,fish, omnicolor, peach hab, fatalii,

Where did you get your neon hab seeds? I've got at least 5 different varieties out of a pack of neon yellow habs I purchased from Reimers years ago when I was nieve. I've always wondered what they are supposed to look like

rainbowberry said:
They look great CH. Let us know what the Habanero Neon Yellow tastes like, I'd never even heard about it until now.

its a typical habanero taste, as for being labeled "very hot" I'd say more like "hot" but could be my growing conditions.
all this is IMO.

POTAWIE said:
Where did you get your neon hab seeds? I've got at least 5 different varieties out of a pack of neon yellow habs I purchased from Reimers years ago when I was nieve. I've always wondered what they are supposed to look like

I've bought the plants from cross country nurseries, last season & this season (this season finally saving seeds). last season my pods looked more like what they show on their website & grew a decent ammount of pods (for what I can offer them, unlike you :lol:), this season the plants did poorly for pods & they dont all look like whats on their website.

DSCF1874.jpg

I now understand what you mean theres different types even though named the same. CCN & the chileman show different chiles for habanero neon yellow.

POTAWIE said:
Ah Potawie now I understand why you were so adamant on the thread where the one guy mentioned Reimers. I don't know if you checked back to that thread because when i said I liked disappointment and was ordering from Reimers at that very moment I was being sarcastic. Understandable why you would want to warn me in the case I was being serious, everyone who has ordered from there has nothing but bad things to say about them.
But anyway I will actually be ordering from Peppermania, peppergal, and a pack or two from other places.

Glad you were being sarcastic. I see people every year waste their money buying from Reimers. Willard and I(and others) have tried to warn as many people as we could over the years.

POTAWIE said:
Glad you were being sarcastic. I see people every year waste their money buying from Reimers. Willard and I(and others) have tried to warn as many people as we could over the years.
Well that's a good thing. That way others won't have to get screwed.

Is the weather there ready to frost? Is that why you didn't wait for ripening? Just curious......Nice lot of peppers...congrats.:hell:

BigDogDaddy said:
Is the weather there ready to frost? Is that why you didn't wait for ripening? Just curious......Nice lot of peppers...congrats.

already had 1 fluke frost & a good chance of a real frost in 1 week. so its that time again where I'll need to bring plants inside the house for the night, thats BS!!

as for the unripe chiles.
the 1st post was of some mostly unripe chiles I bought at the farmers market, I saw the big bucket & great price & was like a kid in the candy store, gimme I must have & bought them :lol: even though hindsight I really didnt need too, hey I'm a chilehead
:lol:

2nd post w/picture, I picked those because I had an issue & wanted to save as many pods as I could vs loosing all of'em.
otherwise no I prefer to pick only ripe pods or pods that are close to being fully ripe.

Back