• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Harvest

Nice fruits guys, mine are popping too now.

Purple Bhuts I believe (fully ripe)

HdWhwPl.jpg

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Nice fruits guys, mine are popping too now.

Purple Bhuts I believe (fully ripe)

HdWhwPl.jpg
Very nice, deep color! They look pretty spicy! Nice job!

bob65 said:
Good to see things starting to happen for people.

With the cooler weather down here things are slowing down. I don't think any of my plants are starting new pods, but I still have lots on there waiting to ripen.

attachicon.gif
20190416_124246.jpg
Great harvest pictures, Bob! I love seeing Aussie grows. The whites look great! All white, no yellowish! Fantastic!

Bhuter said:

Great harvest pictures, Bob! I love seeing Aussie grows. The whites look great! All white, no yellowish! Fantastic!

Thanks mate.

I love those white ones. They were a bit of a surprise actually.

I bought some seeds that were supposed to be Aji Fantasy White (ebay seller) but they look nothing like that.

Always the optimist, I put one in my mouth expecting it to be mild (5k - 10k shu). 

:mouthonfire:   lol

The best I can figure, going by interweb photos and descriptions, is that they are Peruvian White Habanero.

I might be wrong though. Some photos I find have a different shape but a lot are the same.

But I love the color, and I love the heat and taste, so I don't see it as being a loss from the ebay seller.

bob65 said:

Thanks mate.

I love those white ones. They were a bit of a surprise actually.

I bought some seeds that were supposed to be Aji Fantasy White (ebay seller) but they look nothing like that.

Always the optimist, I put one in my mouth expecting it to be mild (5k - 10k shu). 

:mouthonfire:   lol

The best I can figure, going by interweb photos and descriptions, is that they are Peruvian White Habanero.

I might be wrong though. Some photos I find have a different shape but a lot are the same.

But I love the color, and I love the heat and taste, so I don't see it as being a loss from the ebay seller.
Wow! What great luck! Better than a bell! Lol. Hooray for optimism! I can't name the white ones either. The skinnier pods look like a Baccatum and the fatter, rounder whites look kinda like PepperLover's Smooth White Bhut (about hab Heat). Every white I've grown have been yellowish. Maybe it's the sun intensity difference. ‍♂️ But I'm sure it beats down harder on Sydney than here.

I've always wanted to travel to OZ. But I'm sure I'd never make it back here. Lol. I hope your season keeps spittin' em out for you!

-Adam

Nice Gorongong, BTW!

The skinny ones are a baccatum, they are called Blondie chillies, can't remember exactly where but they are Scandinavian.

It doesn't show much in that photo, but they have a pale greenish hue and even get a purple suntan on them. Not a lot of difference between the green of the ripe and unripe ones.

20190418_204740.jpg

The other ones are hot, but maybe a little less heat (75% maybe) than an orange hab. I will keep calling them Peruvian White Habs until some one tells me different. 

;)

I love the Goronongs too, great flavor, but the plant would have been lucky to produce 2 dozen pods.

Unfortunately the season is coming to an end. Still warmish days but the nights are getting colder (by our standards anyway). Still battling with the fruit fly though.

Not getting a lot of new pods, but still have quite a few waiting to ripen. I have a Trinidad Moruga full of pods but none have ripened yet.

This is a photo of the pods that I have harvested in the last 4 days, minus the ones that I have already thrown out because of fruit fly. The ones in the containers greww outside of the fruit fly net that I have put up and I like to keep them separate for a while to make sure there is nothing growing inside of them.

20190418_190856.jpg

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Thanks bhuter, not crazy spicy but definitely hurt going down

Another purple ghost harvest, Aji bolsa de dulce, dragon breath, pimiento x Bhut and jigsaw
LAq2AG0.jpg

Cjt4IK8.jpg
Noice! Dragon's breath...are they always tiny pods...or are those early season pods? I think I've seen maybe one pic of medium sized pods. I'm just curious how that variety REALLY is.

Bhuter said:
Noice! Dragon's breath...are they always tiny pods...or are those early season pods? I think I've seen maybe one pic of medium sized pods. I'm just curious how that variety REALLY is.
They are spicy but very unstable, Ive had Im choking on fire pods and then had some in the ghost range.
I did remove seeds from the choking fire pod. In all fairness though, this guy is dying due to fungus that has plagued my reaper, naga reaper chocolate, chocolate primo and dragons breath. So far small pods are the hot hots

Back