has anybody in the united states ordered ?

chiltepin said:
Click the English (British) Flag for English version of the Website.

Peter is awesome. He knows a lot about the business and pepper species, etc.  Growing, reproduction, etc.  I have ordered from him.  Just received some Wild Peppers from him last month or so. 

The USDA permit took me maybe 30 days max to receive.  All done by email.  Didn't have to go anywhere to show ID.  Basically, it just says you plan to import seeds from foreign places. You list all the possible places you want to import seeds from. Once you get the permit send it by email to SLP or other suppliers.  They provide a copy of it on the bubble envelope when they ship your seeds.  That way the USDA or Postal Service won't confiscate your seeds.  Works great.  It is not absolutely necessary but it is recommended like Juanitos said.

As a permit holder, you also get notifications about countries temporarily being stopped from shipments of fruit to US.  For example, right at the moment you are not able to get pepper fruit from Spain, where SLP is located.  It does not affect SEEDS.  I repeat it does not affect seeds.

Here is a sample notification:

Dear Permit Holders,

We are writing to inform you that on December 10, 2015, a live fruit fly larva in the Tephritidae family, identified as Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata), was confirmed in a shipment of pepper fruit from Spain. APHIS has requested the Spain National Plant Protection Organization to suspend shipments from the affected registered greenhouses.

As a result of this detection, effective Monday, December 14, 2015, all pepper fruit from Spain will be limited entry to the United States pending an investigation. Pepper fruit from all registered greenhouses will be limited to only North Atlantic ports located north of 39° latitude and east of 104° longitude (i.e., ports north of and including Baltimore, Maryland; ports on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway; Canadian border ports east of and including North Dakota; Washington, DC, including Andrews Air Force Base and Dulles), until further notice.

For shipments that are enroute prior to this communication, CBP will inspect and if no actionable pests are found, the shipment can be released.

Thank you.
30 days and didn't have to go show an ID?  Did you already have an account?  There must be different sites or processes or something.  

chiltepin said:
Click the English (British) Flag for English version of the Website.

Peter is awesome. He knows a lot about the business and pepper species, etc.  Growing, reproduction, etc.  I have ordered from him.  Just received some Wild Peppers from him last month or so. 

The USDA permit took me maybe 30 days max to receive.  All done by email.  Didn't have to go anywhere to show ID.  Basically, it just says you plan to import seeds from foreign places. You list all the possible places you want to import seeds from. Once you get the permit send it by email to SLP or other suppliers.  They provide a copy of it on the bubble envelope when they ship your seeds.  That way the USDA or Postal Service won't confiscate your seeds.  Works great.  It is not absolutely necessary but it is recommended like Juanitos said.

As a permit holder, you also get notifications about countries temporarily being stopped from shipments of fruit to US.  For example, right at the moment you are not able to get pepper fruit from Spain, where SLP is located.  It does not affect SEEDS.  I repeat it does not affect seeds.

Here is a sample notification:

Dear Permit Holders,

We are writing to inform you that on December 10, 2015, a live fruit fly larva in the Tephritidae family, identified as Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata), was confirmed in a shipment of pepper fruit from Spain. APHIS has requested the Spain National Plant Protection Organization to suspend shipments from the affected registered greenhouses.

As a result of this detection, effective Monday, December 14, 2015, all pepper fruit from Spain will be limited entry to the United States pending an investigation. Pepper fruit from all registered greenhouses will be limited to only North Atlantic ports located north of 39° latitude and east of 104° longitude (i.e., ports north of and including Baltimore, Maryland; ports on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway; Canadian border ports east of and including North Dakota; Washington, DC, including Andrews Air Force Base and Dulles), until further notice.

For shipments that are enroute prior to this communication, CBP will inspect and if no actionable pests are found, the shipment can be released.

Thank you.

I tried that and the description is still in Spanish or something. Weird

I think that I faxed it to them but it was received via email.  I didn't read the fine print but I didn't see where I had to go into any offices to show ID.  I only have permission to import seeds, basically.

Permit application type: PPQ 587 Application for Permit to Import Plants and Plant Products
Application number: P587-150918-002
Applicant: Chiltepin (name removed)
Date/Time submitted: 09/18/15 06:54:20 AM

[SIZE=9pt]Article(s) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Capsicum spp. [/SIZE]

Under the conditions specified, this permit authorizes the following:
Countries of Origin Plant Parts Intended Use
Australia Seed Small Lots of Seed Brazil
Peru
Spain

Back