• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Has anyone heard of this hot sauce?

I bought a bottle of El Yucateco and it wasnt bad. There wer etwo different kinds that I saw and I bought the bottle that was the Habanero one. It had a little heat and a decent flavor, kind of tasted like taco sauce.

Necrocannibal said:
I bought a bottle of El Yucateco and it wasnt bad. There wer etwo different kinds that I saw and I bought the bottle that was the Habanero one. It had a little heat and a decent flavor, kind of tasted like taco sauce.

El Yucateco has three different sauces. If you were to use the scale for comparison, the red is an 8, the green is a 9 and the brown or xxx is a 10. I hear it is one of the most used sauces in Mexico.

Necrocannibal said:
Thats weird, the green sauce was a Jalapeno sauce and the red was Habanero. How is the Jalapeno sauce hotter than the Habanero sauce?

I have all three of them and they are all labeled Chile Habanero. In tasting them I feel that the green is the hotter. But non the less they are all pretty good.

eremite said:
I have all three of them and they are all labeled Chile Habanero. In tasting them I feel that the green is the hotter. But non the less they are all pretty good.

Maybe Im remembering wrong, Ive only had the one bottle of it.

I just found the shop here and am so excited...So many sauces to try. But, I just had to buy Malinda's Hab garlic sauce and the XXXtra Hot Hab sauce. These were my favorites for many years and haven't been able to find them since I moved 6 years ago. I'll have to start branching out. :lol:

Back