Has anyone here ever made Absinthe

I've distilled Absenth twice. Cleanest drunk you'll ever have, horrible come down from the high though. Fun stuff, look to add Salvia divinorum to the mixture for extra fun.

imaguitargod said:
I've distilled Absenth twice. Cleanest drunk you'll ever have, horrible come down from the high though. Fun stuff, look to add Salvia divinorum to the mixture for extra fun.

Oooooooh, that DOES sound fun! Me likey idea!

I found a package store (liquor store in some areas) down the street sells this stuff -- I saw it there for 45$ comes with a thing to put a sugar cube on -- there is also another bottle for 80$ as well he says he goes thru a lot of it there.... curious to try it now

LUCKYDOG said:
I found a package store (liquor store in some areas) down the street sells this stuff -- I saw it there for 45$ comes with a thing to put a sugar cube on -- there is also another bottle for 80$ as well he says he goes thru a lot of it there.... curious to try it now

It's pricey but well worth it. Some of the most enjoyable drunkedness i've ever had. Plus, you're supposed to cut it anyways, so you get basically twice as much for the money.

Yea he said cut it with water and pour over the sugar cube --- could be an interesting Thanksgiving this year

Salvia became a controlled substance over here earlier this year. Better get it while you can, before Canada decides to follow suit!

LD, careful with the Salvia. It can be "too much, too quick," for some people. You might want to just stick to the wormwood.

I've been drinking Absinthe for a number of years. Don't buy the US stuff - it's too weak to get a good effect, and VERY expensive.

www.alandia.de is where I've been ordering from for years. Shipping is a bit, but with the prices of the US absinthe, it's worth it. And they guarantee shipping to the US.

I'll recommend my three favorites:

Suisse La Bleue Clandestine
FrancoSuisse
Abisinthe Amer

You should probably get a taste for the real stuff before you start to brew your own. That way you have an idea of what it should be like.

Amer is illegal in the USA still. They've only allowed Absinthe that contains 10mg thujone per unit, as compared to the 35mg legal in Europe. Basically, you'll get too drunk before you really get the Absinthe effect, because you have to drink 3 times the amount of alcohol to get the same amount of wormwood.

But if you make your own, you can obviously make it as strong as you want. All the homemade Absinthe I've had has been lackluster.

It looked like the same label -- There was three of these boxes one had Picasso's self portrait on the box I will check when I go there again

said that for me too -- I changed the birth date made sure it was U.S. and shut off my pop up blocker and I was able to get in

LUCKYDOG said:
said that for me too -- I changed the birth date made sure it was U.S. and shut off my pop up blocker and I was able to get in

I'm in. What beautiful Absinth spoons! They even have one with flames....hmmm...

: considers possibilities of pepper infused absinth :

It is pretty cool the store owner goes thru quite a bit he says... I was surprised to see it after talking about it...

I tempted top try for the Holly Jolly Holidays

Back