• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Have you ever thought about this?

Can general humidity affect?
I live by the sea line. it's a 5 minute walk to the beach, and I can see it through the windows.
I guess that would affect something, right?

i guess if you're sprouting them in dirt maybe humidity matters, but i've never done it that way.
I've never done Nagas (remember, this is only my second round of chile sprouting ever), but i did do a lot of chinenses. the only one to still not sprout is the chacoense but they were all floaters (which i'm bitter about...)

GrumpyBear said:
i guess if you're sprouting them in dirt maybe humidity matters, but i've never done it that way.
I've never done Nagas (remember, this is only my second round of chile sprouting ever), but i did do a lot of chinenses. the only one to still not sprout is the chacoense but they were all floaters (which i'm bitter about...)
Well in my case the seed didnt take so I just planted another one...it happens..im using peat pods and every thing else has sprouted....just a bad seed is all..well I think lol

GrumpyBear said:
the only one to still not sprout is the chacoense but they were all floaters (which i'm bitter about...)

It took my C chocoense around a month to germinate last year. Actually I think it was more than a month. I would have given up much earlier, but the seeds were a gift and I was determined to get them to sprout.

Is anyone planning to keep these to put in the ground this spring? It's got to be5 months before you can get those in the ground Canuck, is it too early to start seeds for outdoor transplant?

Back