• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies Have you ever used the burn of peppers as a meditation experience?

I am practicing meditation and concentrating on certain anchors such as sensation and flavor has served well to me.

Have you ever used the burn of peppers as a meditation experience?

Yes. Hard. Capsaicin activates the unconscious circuit, it signals your body (and mind) to move. I found it difficult not to engage with the burn. Of course, when I say "burn" I really do mean :fireball:.

Yes. Hard. Capsaicin activates the unconscious circuit, it signals your body (and mind) to move. I found it difficult not to engage with the burn. Of course, when I say "burn" I really do mean :fireball:.

Well, I would like to focus on the sensation of the burn at the mouth level, or throat (or wherever it burns the most).

When you have done this, do you try to feel the burn or focus on other anchors while ignoring the burn?

WTF? the only zen experience you will encounter is the burn in your butthole after you eat super hots, and it will be the complete opposite of zen. If zen mean you shit your pants and puke on your girlfriend, well, then you just redefined zen.

Cheers!

Last edited:
WTF? the only zen experience you will encounter is the burn in your butthole after you eat super hots, and it will be the complete opposite of zen. If zen mean you shit your pants and puke on your girlfriend, well, then you just redefined zen.

Cheers!

haha well, I do not do zen, I am into mindfulness staff. I will try with soft peppers so my bu***ole does not go nuclear, currently in the Thai pepper level of tolerance. Thinking about it, I would like to focus on flavor. Will let you know how I go :halo:

Back