• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor he said it tasted like cardboard...

Eveyone but me cancelled on trivia tonight, so I have the bottle marinating in the fridge till next week. I can't even try it, it is soo HOT! It could probably be cut 4 ways to make it barely paletable for me.

Datil Patch, is the trivia still on for later on today?

Just still kinda curious how your jazzed up hot mustard is gonna go down.;)

dvg

I'll find out by noon. I hope so. I have the bottle labeled and in the fridge. "Yellow Death with Garlic & Honey: Not responsible for Sudden Human Combustion or Incontinence"

I'll find out by noon. I hope so. I have the bottle labeled and in the fridge. "Yellow Death with Garlic & Honey: Not responsible for Sudden Human Combustion or Incontinence"

Haha, might be a good idea to have some emergency relief items on hand:ice cream, yogurt, bananas, granular sugar, milk...just in case someone has a thermal core meltdown.;)

dvg

We meet at Dick's Wings at 6:30. I will take some of my Zantacs, but from experience, they won't take them. I'm going to take my camera for fotos.

We meet at Dick's Wings at 6:30. I will take some of my Zantacs, but from experience, they won't take them. I'm going to take my camera for fotos.

After that mustard, those Zantacs might be looking like a life-saver...eager to hear how it all goes down.

dvg

Well only one person got any on their plate before the manager arrived at the table and demanded that any "outside" condoments had to be removed from the restaraunt as it was a health code violation. since I had placed my order I said I would put it back in the bag I brought it in and place it in a chair, they demanded that I take it to my car. I said void my dinner order and count me gone- they allowed it to stay but out of sight, but don't bring anymore next time. Yeah right, I'll just figure a different delivery system, like small ziplock baggies.

My friend Matt, sopped his fries up with it. He said it was a keeper, it burned in his mouth he said for about 20 minutes, and the heat on his tongue kept building, and the fire went down his throat. He mostly tasted the Habs, and after 2 or 3 minutes he mostly just felt the heat and couldn't taste anything anymore. He and Shari (who didn't get to taste it) both wanted the bottle, but I told him I had the extra in the car and he could have it. He commented to Shari, who said the last one made with my Bhuts didn't have any heat, that she didn't have to worry about not feeling any heat with this batch.

So regretably no photos, as not much happened.

Peppers almost got me expelled in high school. The kid that can do "anything" called me out. I brought peppers every day to eat at lunch and he decided to be cool and said I was a wimp and he could do better =). Next day I brought him a fresh Orange Hab from outside. He proceeded to wriggle and squirm, shoot fire and curse, then go down the hall to the nurse and have an asthma attack. They called an ambulance to keep an eye on him.

Needless to say the school wasn't impressed. The principle came to lunch and found me. He asked what I slipped in his lunch and after the whole area by my table told him that it was the idiots own fault he eased up a tad. I even popped one for him to show I didn't poison the kid. Offered one to the principal but he wouldn't bite =)

I was informed if I ever gave one to another kid I was expelled. Darn the luck, that was funny as all get out.

Well only one person got any on their plate before the manager arrived at the table and demanded that any "outside" condoments had to be removed from the restaraunt as it was a health code violation. since I had placed my order I said I would put it back in the bag I brought it in and place it in a chair, they demanded that I take it to my car. I said void my dinner order and count me gone- they allowed it to stay but out of sight, but don't bring anymore next time. Yeah right, I'll just figure a different delivery system, like small ziplock baggies.

My friend Matt, sopped his fries up with it. He said it was a keeper, it burned in his mouth he said for about 20 minutes, and the heat on his tongue kept building, and the fire went down his throat. He mostly tasted the Habs, and after 2 or 3 minutes he mostly just felt the heat and couldn't taste anything anymore. He and Shari (who didn't get to taste it) both wanted the bottle, but I told him I had the extra in the car and he could have it. He commented to Shari, who said the last one made with my Bhuts didn't have any heat, that she didn't have to worry about not feeling any heat with this batch.

So regretably no photos, as not much happened.

DP, you sure didn't have much luck with getting too many to taste test your concoction.

I was eager to hear how everyone made out with it, but from the sounds of it your buddies already have a decent heat tolerance and definitely aren't mere lightweights...but ahhhh, what might have been.;)

But the with news starting to get out about possible litigation and pending lawsuits over the indiscriminate and negligant use of hot sauces, this topic has no doubt been discussed by management in some independent restaurants as well as the chains...and forced them into a strategy to protect their assets.;)

Peppers almost got me expelled in high school. The kid that can do "anything" called me out. I brought peppers every day to eat at lunch and he decided to be cool and said I was a wimp and he could do better =). Next day I brought him a fresh Orange Hab from outside. He proceeded to wriggle and squirm, shoot fire and curse, then go down the hall to the nurse and have an asthma attack. They called an ambulance to keep an eye on him.

Needless to say the school wasn't impressed. The principle came to lunch and found me. He asked what I slipped in his lunch and after the whole area by my table told him that it was the idiots own fault he eased up a tad. I even popped one for him to show I didn't poison the kid. Offered one to the principal but he wouldn't bite =)

I was informed if I ever gave one to another kid I was expelled. Darn the luck, that was funny as all get out.

Woody3, your story fits right in with this thread.

There will always be braggarts that will claim they can eat anything hot, and now there are Superhots around that will probably prove otherwise.;) :mouthonfire: :onfire: :hell: :flamethrower: :woohoo: :cheers:

dvg

I think it is a case of "if you want extra hot sauce at Dick's Wings, we will be happy to sell it to you." Cause they charge for a little cup of sauce if you want more than what they put on your food to begin with. I'll just put some each week in one of the zip bags I put seeds in. They are food grade polypropylene.

DP, your incident with management at your last outing resonated loudly with me.

Last Friday I received my hot sauces from THSC and took along a bottle of the Yellow 7 Turkey Slap with me to a restaurant that night.

The wife and I ordered a large pizza. I applied a few drops of Neil's hot sauce to each of my pieces of the pie.

But between pizza pieces, the hot sauce went back into my pocket and out of sight of waiters, waitresses and management.

The next night we went out again to celebrate my wife's birthday. And again I brought along the Yellow 7 Turkey Slap with me.

I put the hot sauce on my baby back ribs and Monterey Chicken, and back into me pocket it went.

DP, if I hadn't read of your experience at your Trivia night last week, I might have just left the hot sauce out in plain view on the table.

I want to be able to season or spice my food to my liking, but at the same time, I don't want to cause any issues with the staff or management, if I don't have to.

dvg

I would like to add a small story. EPIC in my book though, one day I won't remember.

I went to a worksite which I had been on before, and there was a new carpenter on the site. He whipped out the jolokia paste from the chilli factory boasting about how hardcore it is, I'm like yeah I like my chilli, but I can assure you that you are showing a lot of childsplay. I told him I would rock his world the next day provided I was posted there.

SO!

I brought 2 dried trinidad scorpions and my trusty bottle of Yellow7 all thanks to Niel! I was planning on making powder but I spared 2 for the occasion! This guy I was 'competing' against had something to prove, he was going on about how hardcore he was, he got a hot fix every 10 minutes. We're talking complete obsession here - so you weren't a real man unless you were this guy.

Keeping in mind there was a crowd for the event of like 10-15 people, He proceeded to get his jolokia paste out at lunch. He had half a teaspoon of yellow7, ignorantly comparing it to his jolokia paste for heat. Naturally he loved it, but it was too hot for him to handle with ease. I did one teaspoon without flinching. Next, I handed the scorp to him, and he had around about 1/4 of the pepper. He was blown away, but only to the point of stopping eating. My mouth was heated nicely but not too much. I decided, screw this, I came this far! I chomped the whole dried pod for about a minute and washed the remainder in my mouth down with some of my drink (energy drink).

Man I was owned so hardcore, however I retain the fact I beat this chilli nut hands down, he plainly refused to continue after that, and he now insists that I'm crazy. That was an amazing experience, and I am proud that I needed to not vomit, no diarrhea or coolant required, my stomach took a couple of hours to settle but that was it. Yeah, I had the worlds hottest pepper and survived!

And he, well I left him pretty much in tears, awe and envy. I blew his world upside down!!
Oh and if Niel is reading this, I promoted your sauce and gave him the web address. I am certain he has bought the lot by now.

This was indeed a memorable experience! :)

Thought I'd jump in on this with my funny addition. I have an Indian friend who's parents believe Australians would not have a clue what hot is and laughed at the idea that I would have anything that they could not handle. So, of to my garden I goes. I decided to go for one of my cross bred orange Habs (these are ridiculously hot and on par with my 7pods) and gave it to my friend to give to her parents. She said her mum screamed and guzzled milk. Her dad pretended to handle it and disappeared to the kitchen to guzzle milk when he thought no one would notice.

Boo yeah Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi

Funny story FubarH. :rofl:

Dazastar, what were your orange Habs crossed with to make those hot habbie hybrid pods? :dance: :mouthonfire: :woohoo:

dvg

Funny story FubarH. :rofl:

Dazastar, what were your orange Habs crossed with to make those hot habbie hybrid pods? :dance: :mouthonfire: :woohoo:

dvg
It's a mystery! The moderator here lord vykor tried one. Brought an instant tear and he told me the next day his belly ached all night. I got this one from a nursery. Looked nothing like it's tag. But I'm not complaining this time, it's been one of my hottest.

I've sent a few seeds around as it seems to be reproducing identical plants with the same heat. Others agree that they are freakishly hot!

Pm me if you want some. I'll send em in a birthday card ( seeds).

I reckon you will have something to post about when they grow :woohoo:

Back