• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor he said it tasted like cardboard...

So I made some Datil salsa for a New Years day party I went to. The Hosts oldest son was home from college, and he and his friends were talking wanting to try some peppers. so I pulled out some from my bag. The first was a medium heat dried pepper. I gave him a pinky nail sized flake. He chewed it in front of his friends, and announced it tasted like cardboard, which jazzed me, so smiling I pulled the Red 7Pot, and broke off a pinky nail sized piece, which he proceeded to chew up and promptly scream, "How Could You?!!!", as he dove for the kitchen sink.

That took the air out of any of the kids sails for pepper tasting. I am surprised his mother didn't come after me with a kitchen knife, but 10 minutes later he was okey dokey, although his girlfriend wouldn't kiss him.

That was very cruel... :hell: NO No No..not your feeding the kid with 7 pot piece but scaring the shit outa his girl friend who refused to kiss him. hehehe :rofl:

Nice. This woman at my friend's work claimed that she eats a ton of hot stuff and thought she was a badass so I brought a little sliver of a bhut jolokia. My friend told her it's the hottest pepper in the world (which probably isn't true, it's probably some kind of scorpion I think), and she said "is it an habanero?" :rolleyes: She basically cheated, she didn't chew on it she just kind of stuck it in her mouth and swallowed it. Then she sat there sniffling and taking drinks of water for the next 10 minutes then said "that's not that hot, we had some jalapeƱos about that hot out of the garden this year". :rolleyes: I said how about you bring me 20 of the those jalapeƱos and I'll eat them and you eat one bhut jolokia. She said no. :rolleyes: Then the next day she said "I could tell I ate a hot pepper last night". :rolleyes:

I had a simuilar situation recently, was playing poker with a group of friends, and was asked to bring some sauce for a new player that thought he could handle heat! Well I brought some yellow 7 sauce that had alot of garlic and stuff,,"I made it to taste good" Well the guy ate some and proceded "without his knowledge" To give me the worst review I have EVER had..He said "this aint as hot as daves insanity" He doesnt know how bad that hurt as I think Daves is the worst crap ever bottled...So next poker night came and I made him a special batch,,Jonah's from the feezer with Jonah powder,, just enough vinegar to make it mix!!
Umm ,I'll just say that he changed his tune! :)

Dave's Insanity Sauce is really hot, but it tastes like garbage, so I don't really see what the point is. Not a fan of extract sauces at all. With all the superhots available, there's no need to use extracts. :mouthonfire:

In my first flush of big orange habs last year, there were some pretty stiff peppers. I took a couple along to our bi-weekly pub meeting intent on sharing. I could only get one of them to try it on (he's a great sport).

I ate about 1/4 and definitely got a little sweat on. He seemed cool for awhile, then downed the rest of his beer, then got the sweats and finally retreated to the bathroom. I felt a little bad, but it was a good show. :)

This is a great thread.

Dave's Insanity Sauce is really hot, but it tastes like garbage, so I don't really see what the point is. Not a fan of extract sauces at all. With all the superhots available, there's no need to use extracts. :mouthonfire:

Dave's Insanity Sauce was the first hot sauce I ever bought from my local grocery store.

I was looking at a few they had for sale, and I somehow missed the pepper extract listed in the ingredients.

That Dave's Insanity is still on the fridge shelf with about ten other hot sauces.

And though Dave's isn't my personal favorite, it does work well on a turkey sandwich, when applied to the bread in a thin spread instead of using mustard.

I like how the tongue burn continues on for a while once the sandwich is long gone.

But that burn can probably be well replaced with a good sauce made with super hots.

And funny stories about those just begging to become hot chile pepper educated...I guess when the student is ready to learn that lesson, a teacher will appear to teach it.;)

dvg

love this thread! Besides the outstanding looks and curiousity of heat and flavour, deflating egos helped with my obsession to grow super hots :D

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN i just canceled those seeds :( i wanted them but then i thought it was just a testing seeds with no confirmation

Like many others, the main purpose for growing the superhots (besides powder) is to quiet the mouths of friends and co-workers. I hand them a bhut or scorpion smiling, and have yet to be dissapointed. It's even better when they take a really big bite.

Another nuclear heat story.

Well a few years ago I started getting into sauces,sadly extracts. I started out with 357 silver and moved on to Da bomb Final answer then finally to the source. When Halloween came around myself and a few buddies decided to dose some red hots(the candies)with the Source. We used needles swabbed with The Source to basically inject the candies. Anyway we proceeded to hand out the red hots telling the people we gave them to that they were the hottest candies we had tasted. :onfire: One thing lead to another and there was about 25 pissed off drunk guys rolling on the ground.

Best night ever :rofl:

Another nuclear heat story.

Well a few years ago I started getting into sauces,sadly extracts. I started out with 357 silver and moved on to Da bomb Final answer then finally to the source. When Halloween came around myself and a few buddies decided to dose some red hots(the candies)with the Source. We used needles swabbed with The Source to basically inject the candies. Anyway we proceeded to hand out the red hots telling the people we gave them to that they were the hottest candies we had tasted. :onfire: One thing lead to another and there was about 25 pissed off drunk guys rolling on the ground.

Best night ever :rofl:

That's epic.... XD

My Japanese ladyfriend jazzed me last week about the Flaming Bhuts mustard I made- that it tasted like regular yellow mustard. So I am mixing up a new batch just of "Yellow Death" just for her at trivia tonight. Starts with a cheap 9oz yellow mustard base from walmart, 4 pickled Datils, 1 ounce of Datil vinagar, my last half dried Douglah, 1 whole dried red 7, 1 whole dried peach hab, 1 whole dried mustard hab, my last whole dried tobasco, my last whole dried purira, 1 tablespoon of Buddy's smoked Bhut flake, and 1 teaspoon of fatalii powder, 1 oz of honey to cut the vinagar.

I don't think it will taste like regular yellow mustard. Course I will have to wear a chem weapon protection suit to rebottle it to take to her... I may need to ammend the label to mention the user may need to wear adult diapers.

My Japanese ladyfriend jazzed me last week about the Flaming Bhuts mustard I made- that it tasted like regular yellow mustard. So I am mixing up a new batch just of "Yellow Death" just for her at trivia tonight. Starts with a cheap 9oz yellow mustard base from walmart, 4 pickled Datils, 1 ounce of Datil vinagar, my last half dried Douglah, 1 whole dried red 7, 1 whole dried peach hab, 1 whole dried mustard hab, my last whole dried tobasco, my last whole dried purira, 1 tablespoon of Buddy's smoked Bhut flake, and 1 teaspoon of fatalii powder, 1 oz of honey to cut the vinagar.

I don't think it will taste like regular yellow mustard. Course I will have to wear a chem weapon protection suit to rebottle it to take to her... I may need to ammend the label to mention the user may need to wear adult diapers.

That sounds a tad warm...haha...let us know how it goes over.

Hope it doesn't vaporize anyone or any thing.;)

dvg

She and her boyfriend thought the 2 1/2 Bhut to 9oz of mustard didn't taste like anything. It lit my throat up. The other fire eater in the group loved it. So upon his urging I am throwing the kitchen sink at them.

I forgot that I am added a Tablespoon of garlic.

If anyone spontaneously combusts it will at least be exciting!

She and her boyfriend thought the 2 1/2 Bhut to 9oz of mustard didn't taste like anything. It lit my throat up. The other fire eater in the group loved it. So upon his urging I am throwing the kitchen sink at them.

I forgot that I am added a Tablespoon of garlic.

If anyone spontaneously combusts it will at least be exciting!

Haha, well i guess they asked for it.

If that mustard fails to light 'em up, it's probably safe to say that they have bird DNA coursing through their veins.;)

dvg

Why am I excited to hear how this turns out? Dvg said it though, if that don't open up some eyes, somethings wrong with them....seriously wrong. lol

Back