• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Heartbreaking Dawn's 1542 sauce

Recently I purchased a bottle of 1542 Chocolate Habanero sauce from Heartbreaking Dawns. It is the first sauce I ever bought from that company. First of all I like the label with the artwork and "history lesson" on it. The aroma is that of cumin, vinegar, but not too much chili. It tastes pretty much how it smells. I would imagine this would be great on mexican food, but since I don't eat much mexican food I mostly used it on sandwiches and crackers. Some reviews rate this sauce as being sweet. I did not find this to be the case which is a good thing. I do not like sweet sauces. The heat is a nice comfortable warmth particularly on the tongue. Although the heat level is pretty good the sauce will not slaughter you. I think Johnny toned down the chocolate habanero content to make this more edible to the general public. So, to sum things up this was a good sauce to start with from Heartbreaking Dawns and I hope to try more of their products in the future.

Verdict: Heat 6/12 Taste 7/10

6/12.....I think it's 7/14.....maybe even a 8/16..bahahaha. Try Cauterizer, It's not as hot as I thought it would be but the flavor is awesome.

Thanks guys! The 1542 is a big departure from our usual style. It's the only sauce we have that, in my opinion is VERY Genre specific. That being southwestern. I've been using it a lot lately on some other types of food and it's been working for me. The heat level is right there for me when it comes to deli sandwiches and pizza.

Back