• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Heat; it's the bloody heat that is...

I guess it is hard to find a place that is good for plants and good for us??!!!
I LOVE THE COLD HATE THE HEAT, MY PLANTS HATE THE COLD LOVE THE HEAT.
Now I have been to Hawaii and even though the temps were in the 80's I loved the breeze so I could hang out there for a few years if I COULD AFFORD IT!! LOL
But I am 56 and doesn't look like I will be going anywhere!! I would sell everything and buy a diesel pusher RV with slide outs and tow my boat for the rest of my life but I would have to do it by myself cause the little lady aint having it!! :>)

Just when I go being contrary in this thread, I swear it was like 98F here today. I was working outside and almost had heat stroke. I'm out of shape, but damn is it hot today.

I've seen this on tv, there's this guy who has a peach plantation somewhere that has really really big fans around his plantation and turns it on to keep his trees cooler by a few degrees and he says it helps. Maybe I should put a few fans out for my plants too? But my dad would probably think I'm crazy.

hey, neat idea, I think I will go and buy some big fans to blow the snow south into Texas..............
4:25am, looking out my window and still snowing.
I could do Hawaii about now, warm weather, beaches, girls in short shorts ..... yahoo..... how much is an airline ticket.......... wait..... got a wife and kids..... guess that's off the list!

same here. Just as my plants are budding up, the heat got turn up again and almost kills my hab plants.

Damn, sorry to hear about the heat problems (and cold for others). I hate to brag but I have been having perfect weather. Hasn't rained in a couple weeks, sunny weather throughout, 70s-80s during the day, mid-upper 50s at night, humidity around 50%. My plants are loving it. Sorry!!!

Back