event Heat Wave Hot Sauce Expo

Walchit said:
Nice! Was that record previously held by The L.A. Beast? He is a bad ass at eating weird stuff, so kudos on knocking down his record.

LA Beast was pretty much my main inspiration for starting a YouTube channel!!  He held the record for Most Ghost Peppers in Two Minutes which is now held by Giancarlo Gasparatto (Jack Pepper) with 146 grams.  I just ate 97 grams in one minute, so I think that might be the next record I go for.

I liked that it was focused on Canadian vendors. I'm not sure if that was by design (in the application process) or just because it's logical, but I liked that. For example, you have an expo here in the US and you get people from all countries. Mostly US yes but also Canada and others. I liked that this was more of a showcase of what is happening in Canada.

The Hot Pepper said:
I liked that it was focused on Canadian vendors. I'm not sure if that was by design (in the application process) or just because it's logical, but I liked that. For example, you have an expo here in the US and you get people from all countries. Mostly US yes but also Canada and others. I liked that this was more of a showcase of what is happening in Canada.

It was actually by accident!  :P  The organizers have put together a lot of events, but this is their first hot sauce expo.  They didn't realize that Heatwave was scheduled on the same weekend and Fiery Food Festival in Albuquerque, NM.  There were some big vendors who said they'd come to Canada but couldn't miss Fiery Food Fest like Burns & McCoy, Bravado and Puckerbutt.  It all worked out well though in the end.  They plan to move the date a little for next year and they may need a bigger venue too!

That explains it! I was wondering... looked like a Canada thing. If it's open to international, and they also get a bigger venue that would be cool. But I also think Canadian vendors should be showcased. Maybe the organizers give out large fiery red maple leaves that say "Made in Canada" for their booths. That would be really cool! (Maybe they are reading ;))

Sorry I just saw all the comments here, I haven't logged in very much recently. My Blazin' Reaper, and Cranberry Scorpion did well, they are my normal best sellers. The show was great, very packed and we had about 40 vendors if I remember right. I think it did great things for hot sauce in Canada. We have another one coming up Heatwave Hamilton in November, we hope to see lots of people out there too!

Back