• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Helldozer's Hot Pepper Taste Tests

Hey all,

I'm working on video reviews of different hot peppers, and I'm completely open for suggestions on how I may improve them. Here are my first three. The very first one is not an "official" one though.
Thank you, appreciate it.

Hey HD, MAN UP...lol jusssssssst Kiddin' I'm glad to see you doing some reviews on the lower to mid range SHU peppers. Curious as to why you didn't wait for the Devil's Tongue to ripen? Here are a few critiques, comments and suggestions for you.

The capsaicin is in the placental tissue not the seeds. The seeds themselves are not actually the hot part, they just get covered in oils and are attached to the placental tissue so they get a bad wrap for being hot.

I think that you should be expecting more heat from a Trinidad Scorpion pepper.

I like that your family (Dad really lol) joins in on the pepper eating! No one in my family has any balls to do it. (nor do they have any interest in hot peppers)

The second video was more short and to the point which was better than the first (although I understand the first one was more of an in the moment type of thing and not official. I still enjoyed it, it was just a bit too long without enough content)

I will say the best reviews contain a few key elements. Be yourself, research facts to make sure what you are saying holds true, be charismatic and outgoing, interesting information about the chilies is also great to have and try and be as descriptive about flavor and the heat as you can (I liked the way you started off with some cool little notes about the Goats weed.)

I am in no way saying that your videos lacked all or none of these. I'm just pointing out what I personally find relevant and entertaining.

Good job for your first go at it! It takes a little time to hone in on good video review skills. I'm working on this myself. It seems so easy in my mind! lol

Good luck, I look forward to seeing some more reviews from you in the future.

Wow, 3/5 King. Thanks for the great feedback. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. We didn't wait for the Devil's Tongue because we got anxious. :) We are letting everything ripen from this point forward. Yeah, I agree about the first video. Definitely not official review material. I need to do as you suggested and gather more facts about each pepper. I feel like the video becomes flat otherwise. It just becomes a yeah that was hot...done. :P.

Here was another video I wanted to post at the same time, except the forum would only allow two at a time, and when I tried to reply to my own thread with it it would just try and add it to the same initial post.

I think this one may be a little flat also.

Howdy all,

Does anyone know a good website with a full soville rating list? I know there is a wide range, and the list is very approximate. But, I need SOMETHING I can use as a reference for my pepper reviews. I just want to be able to give as close as you can be with a rating. Once again, I know the ratings are not really accurate. :)

That looked painful. Good job on hanging in there. I'm glad I don't get hiccups, because they sure seem like they would make the heat intensify.

That looked painful. Good job on hanging in there. I'm glad I don't get hiccups, because they sure seem like they would make the heat intensify.

Thanks Comp. I just watched a few other people eating Devil's Tongue peppers....and I think I must be a wimp. No one appeared to have even close to the same reaction I did. DOH! In my video, that looks like a Devil's Tongue, right!? It is supposed to be. :P

I think it depends on who you watch. If the reviewer is used to superhots then yeah, the Devil's Tongue won't be that bad for them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't eat superhots (at least regularly) right?

Right. Yeah, I'm building up to the superhots. I have some that should be ripe soon. However, that Devil's Tongue seemed pretty darn hot. I know that all sorts of variables make the difference in heat, so it is hard to determine how hot that sucker actually was. I guess I just need to continue building my tolerance.

Right. Yeah, I'm building up to the superhots. I have some that should be ripe soon. However, that Devil's Tongue seemed pretty darn hot. I know that all sorts of variables make the difference in heat, so it is hard to determine how hot that sucker actually was. I guess I just need to continue building my tolerance.

FWIW, I'm a firm believer in jumping right into the deep end for tolerance building. Just bite the bullet and eat a super. It will hurt like an effer, but you'll be surprised how much your tolerance goes up from that single pepper.

FWIW, I'm a firm believer in jumping right into the deep end for tolerance building. Just bite the bullet and eat a super. It will hurt like an effer, but you'll be surprised how much your tolerance goes up from that single pepper.
I agree, but for the love of God, don't start with a freaking Douglah.

Wow. Bought some awesome pods from Tweak Sairaxx, and dood they look great. Thanks Tweak. Here are two reviews from two of the pods I received.

and...

Back