• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Helldozer's Hot Pepper Taste Tests

Another nice review, this one got me all souped up to go outside and see if there was any ripper pods in the bucket garden ....nope they all look the same as yesterday, i thought if a few of the ones i have interest in would ripen enough i could send them to you ...well while i was out there i finally ate my first pepper right off the plant...(i think its because in your videos your so dang composed) I picked a small sized 7 pot yellow looked at it had a short procastinating period then just popped it in and chewed it up & swallowed...i didn't feel any heat right away so i thought to myself this isn't bad ..then the heat came shortly after that wishful thinking..
Found myself for a short min in a panic mode, then a breathing in and out mode (like that did nothing for the heat) then i realized i had nothing to eat what so ever today yet as i felt this not so good feeling in my chest like it could come back up and out... so i bailed and got a cup of milk...didn't really seem to help the heat but got rid of the slightly sick feeling..

So all this happened for maybe like 6 min's then nothing but heat on my lips.... i think i must of picked one that wasn't that hot or it was to young of a pod because it was only quarter sized....

Anyway thanks again for all these reviews.
One thing for sure if i had a video camera and tried to do what your doing there is no way i could be so composed less i was drugged out or something :drooling:

Another nice review, this one got me all souped up to go outside and see if there was any ripper pods in the bucket garden ....nope they all look the same as yesterday, i thought if a few of the ones i have interest in would ripen enough i could send them to you ...well while i was out there i finally ate my first pepper right off the plant...(i think its because in your videos your so dang composed) I picked a small sized 7 pot yellow looked at it had a short procastinating period then just popped it in and chewed it up & swallowed...i didn't feel any heat right away so i thought to myself this isn't bad ..then the heat came shortly after that wishful thinking..
Found myself for a short min in a panic mode, then a breathing in and out mode (like that did nothing for the heat) then i realized i had nothing to eat what so ever today yet as i felt this not so good feeling in my chest like it could come back up and out... so i bailed and got a cup of milk...didn't really seem to help the heat but got rid of the slightly sick feeling..

So all this happened for maybe like 6 min's then nothing but heat on my lips.... i think i must of picked one that wasn't that hot or it was to young of a pod because it was only quarter sized....

Anyway thanks again for all these reviews.
One thing for sure if i had a video camera and tried to do what your doing there is no way i could be so composed less i was drugged out or something :drooling:

Haha. Thanks Vic, appreciate it. :)

Yeah, I have been perfecting my preparation each time I do one. Basically, I just make sure I eat about 15 minutes before. Then have about 6 oz of milk. Rinse my mouth out so I don't have any milk coating in there to block all the yummy heat. :P Then, when the heat in my mouth has died down, I drink about the same amount of milk and a couple of small sips of antacid. I've learned that doing that prevents stomach upset a few hours later.

Good job on going for it! :) That's how it starts. Each time you do one, you go...yeah...I can do this! Once you know how your body is going to react, it gets easier in my opinion. It still makes me nervous, doing the super hots, and the heat is still off-the-charts, but I kind of know what to expect.

Thanks for the feedback Fishing.

Yea i was kind of shocked that i feel no ill effects what so ever and its past a couple hours sense i ate that pepper, the only thing is that if i burp i can taste the pepper not the heat at all just the pepper smell.. But i really think i just got lucky and picked one (small one) that had no real heat ...
While de-seeding peppers i will eat pieces of them or just a bit of placenta and i am positive those were way hotter then the one i just ate...
Maybe i will try a different larger pepper and prepare like you do then report back (if i can still type) :surprised:

Another couple of reviews. I may have missed posting some in between. Thanks again fishing4fun2 for shooting me those pods! :)

Back