• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Helldozer's Hot Pepper Taste Tests

Be careful doing pod reviews so close to together. Especially following up after a Butch T. I found out that it severely compromises how you taste things afterwards. I did two reviews in one night of a 7 Pot Primo and a 7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic. I ate the congo about 20 minutes after the primo. The primo was one of the hottest pods I've eaten. Right up there with Moruga Scorpion and the Butch T. Immediately after I put the Congo in my mouth, I could tell that my taste was altered. I got the pods from Judy (pepperlover) and on her site she describes the flavor as being like a typical 7 Pot. I LOVE 7 Pots and this one tasted nothing like that. It tasted AWFUL (worse than a Douglah). So unless the first pod didn't pack much heat, I would not recommend doing another review in the same night and expect your taste buds to react properly.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. Yeah, that second one was nice at first but quickly went south. So, that might explain the flavor.

Thank you very much for your input, appreciate it.

How's your stomach handling two damn pods. I can endure it but its a challenge with just one at times.

It didn't do well at all. Milk and tablet ant-acids didn't help. However, I learned after there was one step I was missing....maylox or another type of liquid ant-acid first.

Has anyone tried using Mylanta/Maylox before eating super hots? I'm wondering if, even after taking it and rinsing your mouth, that it still coats your mouth. The above Bhut was pretty hot, but not near where I was expecting it. I did a Bhut before this one and it was a dud...supposedly. I've tried the Mylanta/Maylox twice, both with the Bhuts. So, guess I'll have to try another Bhut and not take any until after.

But, I just wanted to see if anyone has experimented and noticed any issues with getting heat.

Has anyone tried using Mylanta/Maylox before eating super hots? I'm wondering if, even after taking it and rinsing your mouth, that it still coats your mouth. The above Bhut was pretty hot, but not near where I was expecting it. I did a Bhut before this one and it was a dud...supposedly. I've tried the Mylanta/Maylox twice, both with the Bhuts. So, guess I'll have to try another Bhut and not take any until after.

But, I just wanted to see if anyone has experimented and noticed any issues with getting heat.
Yup. Works well enough, but peanut butter is my go-to.

I swear by it, i have a meal first the milk and a good dose of mylanta or Maalox before a superhot, it always works for me.

Nice reviews i watched a few of yours, amazing you can down the super hots, do you fill like your tolerance to the heat has gone up sense you have been eating hot peppers or do the super hots hurt no matter?

I seen your Antillies Fire review that was a good one, one of my favorite plants to grow that puts out a bunch of pods.

Keep up the good work i wish i could down the hot ones like you do.

Nice reviews i watched a few of yours, amazing you can down the super hots, do you fill like your tolerance to the heat has gone up sense you have been eating hot peppers or do the super hots hurt no matter?

I seen your Antillies Fire review that was a good one, one of my favorite plants to grow that puts out a bunch of pods.

Keep up the good work i wish i could down the hot ones like you do.

Hey Fishing,

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

I don't know if it is a tolerance build up, or just knowing HOW to tolerate the heat. The super hots hurt always, and more times than not my endorphin's kick in at different levels. I think that you just learn how your body reacts and once you know that it is easier to deal with.

Holy cow! That Antilles Fire kicked my butt. Beautiful pods. That had to rank up there with one of the hottest for me. Have you eaten one? Has anyone else here eaten one?

Thanks for the feedback fishing.

Nice review Helldozer i could tell it was hot just cause your ears turned red, pretty sure mine would just fall off :)
Your camera does a good job on the close ups, you can see all the details etc.

Nice reviews Rick i like watching all of them, its nice to see people doing this it helps other people like myself decide what to grow esp with all the information you talk about when you eat the peppers.

Back