Hello from Buffalo, NY!

ThrowHeat

Extreme Member
Greetings everyone! My name is John and I'm a heat addict. I've been hooked on spicy foods ever since I was about 13 or so (I'm 31 now), but my addiction really didn't kick in to overdrive until recently. Now I can't seem to get enough of it. My wife is in the same boat too. For some hot sauces we get, we will literally go through them within a day. We definitely have ourselves a habit.

Anyhow, I'm still fairly new to this whole chili head sub-culture. I've tried my fair share of sauces, and I've had plenty of fire in my diet over the years. However, I am yet to try a ghost pepper or anything beyond that in the heat department. I will though, and sooner rather than later. In fact, I already have an unopened bottle of bhut jolokia sauce that my wife and I will be reviewing in the very near future, which will be posted on the forthcoming HeatAddicts' blog.

So with that said, are there any other chili heads from WNY on here? With how many members there are, I would only assume that there are.

P.S. - I am also a yo-yo player. I've been throwing yos for 12 years and counting now, and it is something that I know I will never get bored of. No matter how many tricks you learn how to do, there is always something new to figure out. So the challenge never really ends.

One of the long term goals I have is to eventually throw a yo-yo contest where all competitors are required to consume 1 tbsp of deadly hot sauce before doing a 3 minute yo-yo performance. Done right, I think it would result in a highly entertaining and downright hilarious event.

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I get the feeling I will be reading and posting on this board quite often. :dance:

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest!

Awesome. I'm a PNW native as well, born and raised in Seattle. I've only been out here in Buffalo since late 2008.

Back