Hello from CA

makphet said:
Hello from the Bay Area, I found this forum while looking for information on growing hot peppers and found some great advice in the gardening section. It started when I was looking for holy basil seeds to make my favorite dish, pad grapao, a spicy Thai basil stirfry and the supplier also offered Thai peppers. Although we already had two pepper plants, I had no idea what variety they were. This is first time growing peppers and I look forward to spicy summer!

Wadee Sou, pad grapao gai? aloy mai? ;)

JungleRain said:
Wadee Sou, pad grapao gai? aloy mai? ;)

Aloy mak! Actually I haven't had any in true pad grapao in ages because I don't see grapao holy basil often, horapa Thai basil is more popular. Can't wait for my plants to grow enough to pick.

Hi Makphet,
If your looking for any special Lao plants, maybe I can send some to you, There is a large community of Lao and Thai people where I live, my wife is from Northeast Thailand. I eat hot thai food every day :mouthonfire:

Hello and a belated welcome from Ohio. I spent a lot of time around the Bay area growing up, as I spent a lot of summers with my grandparents. They lived about 60 miles north. Wonderful country.

Back