Hello from Denton TX

Hey all or y'all if you are local.  Just found this site and love it, I'm over 20 pages deep in reading old posts.   I live just south of Denton TX (north of Dallas) and relative newbie to hot peppers.  Love eating them in moderation but first year to plant this many from seed.   Been growing tomatoes for years and sweet/ mild jap peppers and other veggies.  This year I got the bug to grow hot and super hots mostly for the fun and challenge of growing.  I don't see me taking the reaper challenge but might encourage some others to do so; one benefit of having friends from the military is someone is always up for a challenge.  I have about 90 sets of seeds in my seed station at the moment and several plates of seeds on top of the lights.  Looking forward to seeing what survives my efforts. 

Entire garden is raised beds of mostly smart pots (=dumb owner for costs) but I do like their big bag beds due to size.  Garden will probably double in size this year to accommodate everything I am putting down and I can already see how the walmart blue bags will add color in the layout.  Cant wait to move anything outside but no telling when nature will allow it.  We keep going to extremes, highs in the 70's one day followed by highs in the 20/30's the next, rest and repeat.

Wife and daughter love to eat what grows in the yard but dont want any part of moving dirt so its kind of my relaxation place, awesome treatment for PTSD, except I want to touch things too much.  Learn to slow down and let nature run its course (with occasional boosts).

Not quite organic since I like the convenience of MG soil, but no chemicals sprayed or laid in the yard or garden for over 5 years.  Handpick my hornworms all freaking season long.

James

Welcome.  I'm not too far from you (Springtown).  Lots of great information here and great people too.  Sounds like you are going to have quite a lot going on when the growing season kicks off.

what up neighbor!
Hi from Lubbock! although I will be heading back your way to Richardson in about a year.
you should start a GLOG if you haven't already.

:welcome: from New Jersey. Try planting some basil and borage around your toms to repell hornworms and increase flavor or your toms.

swellcat said:

Much appreciated, especially since whatever you put out may wash down here to north Cowtown.
_____
Have to be nice to Cowtown, I bought my rain barrels from the city; some decent efforts to green down there
Scarecrw said:
:welcome: from New Jersey. Try planting some basil and borage around your toms to repell hornworms and increase flavor or your toms.
not familiar with Borage,  Basil seeds ready to go.  I couldnt kill basil last year if I tried, it grew like crazy but I had it on the back porch instead of with the toms/  I'll give it a try this  year.      Thanks to all

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Back