Hello from Ft. Worth

Hello all,

I'm a "semi-retired" guy and I've made a few pepper salsas in the last year or so that tasted pretty good.  I've made "fresh" salsas by roasting a variety of peppers, tossing them into a blender with some salt, straining out the seeds and skin, and refrigerating the result in plastic "squirt" bottles, without reading anything about the topic.  Last year, I came across fermentation as an option, and gave it a try without studying up much on the topic.  Surprisingly (luckily?), the result was good.  I've run out of salsa now and my daughter is complaining, so I'm ready to make some more.  This time I did some more research, and came across this site.  I was impressed by how much knowledge and experience exist here, and how friendly and helpful the folks are, so I joined.

I've read the entire sauce and fermentation threads, so I'm ready to get going.  I'm sure I'll have questions, and when I do, I'll post up.  Maybe someday, I'll be able to help someone else!

Thanks for the great site!

Ed

Hey there FrogFan welcome to the community :) Sounds like you've already had some great results. Fantastic, there is absolutely tons of information here on everything chilies and so much more. And for all that info there is as many incredible people here ready to give advice or just watch you create. :)
So don't be a stranger get in there and have fun. Talk with the Fermentation crew lots of killer recipes I'm sure we can find some knew ideas you and your daughter will love.

Cheers, from Murrells Inlet SC

:welcome:  to the THP forums, Ed! Nice to have you on board! I really need  (or want rather) to start getting back into fermenting myself. Never tried my hand at actually going the fermented salsa route, but always went the pepper mash and sauce way (as well as other things like sauerkraut, kimchi, various combinations of things like carrots and ginger, etc..) I just noticed, as a matter of fact, some fermented salsas now being carried at sold at my local health food/grocery store... so I may just have to look into that some more - make my own at home!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and inspiration throughout the forums for you and your daughter to enjoy - a veritable goldmine of information and plenty of helpful people to boot! Best of luck with your endevours; happy fermenting!   :P

Back