hello from Nashville!

I've been fond of spicy things all my life. My parents went across the tracks to Princes for the OG Nashville hot chicken when they were dating (back in the 60s; yes, I date myself. I'm old and darn proud to have made it this far. lol) and my grandpa kept a bottle of Louisiana sauce in the fridge all the time.

I had never really researched or pursued the topic, but I put sauce on whatever (mixed with mayo on a turkey sandwich, or straight on fried catfish) and I've tried new flavors on occasion. At the moment, Nandos peri peri is my fave sauce. But I bought a Tabasco pepper plant last spring and tons of tiny peppers are ripening right now, so I started to read up on how to preserve them, make sauce, etc and kind of fell down the rabbit hole. 

Just got back from the grocery (yet another reason covid sucks; I'd spend some time hitting the local ethnic markets and fancee markets scoping out their offerings otherwise) and brought home two bottles of Marie Sharp's and something called Walkerswood Jamaican firestick sauce. So now I'm reaching out, joining some forums and groups, and wanting to learn more! I like hot, but flavorful.

(waves) :)

g0ddbdH.gif

thanks everybody! I'm mostly lurking, listening and learning, right now. BUT I mentioned on another forum, where I'm participating in a secret pal swap, that I'm developing an interest in hot sauces, and whoever has my name apparently lives in Austin & sent me a package of local goodies including a bottle of Yellowbird sauce! (happy dance) :D

Back