Hello From North Carolina

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a few months now and finally decided to introduce myself and talk about my chile pepper addiction in this support group....i mean, message board. I am in my third season of growing, and I finally broke down and bought some shop lights to get a head start this year. Below is my list for this season:

Bhut Jolokia
Fatali
Chocolate Habanero
White Habanero
Mustard Habanero
Datil
Jamaican Red (Random chinense I picked up at a roadside stand in the Florida Keys last spring)
Charleston Hot Cayenne (One of my favorites...love the nutty taste of this one roasted in the oven)
Tabasco
Fish Pepper (Can anyone say edible landscaping?)
Thai
Rooster Spur
Serrano

I started my chinense peppers three weeks ago and the rest a week ago, and I am happy to report they are going strong in my closet under the lights. I will probably be posting some pics of my 2010 grow season progress in the near future once I figure out how to upload the pics.

My heat tolerance has always been pretty high since I don't exactly have the most sensitive palate, but I sure have gotten a few kicks in the gut from eating whole bhut jolokias. For some reason I keep coming back for more, and my bhut powder will have to tide me over till I get some more fresh ones this season.

This site has been a great source of information, and there seem to be plenty of folks here with lots of experience who know what they are talking about. Hopefully I can contribute something worthwhile and return the favor.

Here's to a successful growing season full of burning throats, watery eyes, and cramped stomachs! Did I mention I am an addict?

Hello and Welcome from Virginia. Sounds like you're off to a good start this season.:)

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Thank's for rolling out the welcome mat everyone...btw, I finally posted my 2010 grow log with some pics in the growing hot peppers section if you are interested

Back