Hello from North Carolina

I have been hanging around here for a couple of weeks and gleaning all kinds of interesting info from these boards and just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I both love spicy foods, but he is the real chile head. He just isn't much into the internet yet. We have been growing our own Jalapenos and Habaneros for about 5 years now, but learn a little more each year. I have learned to buy quality seeds after getting stung by jalapenos with no heat about 4 years ago. We are trying the Ghost pepper this year and have harvested 3 so far :mouthonfire:
Looking forward to growing some Scorpions and Naga Vipers and more specialties next year. Right now I'm in the middle of pickling several gallons of Pepperoncini (love Papa Johns) and drying some Jalapenos and Habs, made a small batch of Habanero salsa last night and my husband and his buddy put it on their hot dogs( love the hotdog topping thread here too) and hope to have enough Ghost peppers to try to use some of the sauce recipes I have found here. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

Cindi

I have been hanging around here for a couple of weeks and gleaning all kinds of interesting info from these boards and just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I both love spicy foods, but he is the real chile head. He just isn't much into the internet yet. We have been growing our own Jalapenos and Habaneros for about 5 years now, but learn a little more each year. I have learned to buy quality seeds after getting stung by jalapenos with no heat about 4 years ago. We are trying the Ghost pepper this year and have harvested 3 so far :mouthonfire:
Looking forward to growing some Scorpions and Naga Vipers and more specialties next year. Right now I'm in the middle of pickling several gallons of Pepperoncini (love Papa Johns) and drying some Jalapenos and Habs, made a small batch of Habanero salsa last night and my husband and his buddy put it on their hot dogs( love the hotdog topping thread here too) and hope to have enough Ghost peppers to try to use some of the sauce recipes I have found here. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

Cindi

Back