Hello from Oklahoma City

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Hopefully before you cook and not after...[/quote]

Oh! lol... ow hehehe I'll ditto that quip!

Ya know, you guys, I'm as much a meat eater as the rest of ya... maybe more so. But there are vegetarians who are chili-heads ya know.

After all, until you guys get your hands on 'em, ALL of my sauces are vegetarian.

T

several months ago at a cook-off a lady asked me for some vegitarian chili...i stood there and had the most confussed look on my face and just stared at her until she moved away...it was hallarious.

that was the time i made up my t shirt idea of
yes and animal was harmed in the making of this chili

Prefferably before, but I am not at all picky.

I make a very good turkey chili for the "no beef, no pork" crowd, and once made chili with no meat at all (we called it "chili without a face"), but as I hate most of the veggies that I used (eggplant, mushrooms, and squash, I think) I actually did not eat any, but my wife and the folks who did eat it thought it was good.

How about making a chili with no heat? I get that one lots. None, nada, zip.... no chili powder, no pods, no hot sauces.... bean and beef stew in other words. LOL!

I have a hot sauce on my website for these types of people. It has a warning that it's extremely mild. It's 100% PURE KETCHUP. :-)

Tina Brooks said:
Turkey chili sounds good, but mushrooms, eggplant and squash in chili? What will they think of next?

I put mushrooms and carrots in mine. And lotsa beef!!!! Slow cook the beef for 24 hours, let it fall apart, add ground beef, and then we commence with the peppers. Perhaps that's why I get the requests for chili that has no heat.

What do you call chili with no heat?? LOL!

In the attempt to create a decent chili that has no meat, I had to look for veggies to fill the "bite" portion of the experience. I also used Boca Burger Vegen patties to help replace the meatiness (for those who have never seen Boca, it's a soy product that most vegetarian food substitutes are made out of) (and for fun, I throw in just one peice of real meat to be a jerk) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (okay,no I don't but that would be funny!)

Muso2112 said:
I put mushrooms and carrots in mine. And lotsa beef!!!! Slow cook the beef for 24 hours, let it fall apart, add ground beef, and then we commence with the peppers. Perhaps that's why I get the requests for chili that has no heat.

What do you call chili with no heat?? LOL!

Baby food.

chiliman said:
In the attempt to create a decent chili that has no meat, I had to look for veggies to fill the "bite" portion of the experience. I also used Boca Burger Vegen patties to help replace the meatiness (for those who have never seen Boca, it's a soy product that most vegetarian food substitutes are made out of) (and for fun, I throw in just one peice of real meat to be a jerk) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (okay,no I don't but that would be funny!)

Personally myself, I'm a carnetarian, I absolutley freak if anyone puts a vegetable on my plate or I find one in my food! LOL! Like, who would just go and kill a veggie just to EAT IT. Sick buggers. Think about it. You kill a cow, it dies then and there. You pluck a carrot, and it's no good to you unless it's STILL ALIVE. Tell that to the next vegan that gets in your face. Oh, I forgot, plants don't have feelings????? Ever see a cucumber cry when you cut it open? ;-) Just my opinion folks........

Muso2112 said:
Personally myself, I'm a carnetarian, I absolutley freak if anyone puts a vegetable on my plate or I find one in my food! LOL! Like, who would just go and kill a veggie just to EAT IT. Sick buggers. Think about it. You kill a cow, it dies then and there. You pluck a carrot, and it's no good to you unless it's STILL ALIVE. Tell that to the next vegan that gets in your face. Oh, I forgot, plants don't have feelings????? Ever see a cucumber cry when you cut it open? ;-) Just my opinion folks........

Before anyone gets off kilter, that last post was a joke! (maybe..........)

i had to talk to a probation officer out of orlando today...and guess what her name was.......you got it ......lisa simpson....
the episode where lisa turns vegan or vegitarian is hallarious...several good jokes.
(bart)...lisa's gonna marry a carrot
(Lisa)(dripping with sarcasm) thats right bart...im gonna marry a carrot.
(bart) she admits it she admits it.....ha ha ha ha ha

chief wiggim....barely able to breath......how about another burger there homer....
homer........another whopper for the copper.

that episode also had a special apperance from paul mccartney and his wife.
they go to the roof of the quicky mart thru a secret door...behind the non alcoholic beer.
lisa asked apoo....what if someone wants a non alcoholic beer.....apoo says you know that has never come up.

Vegetarians, a self-righteous bunch. Berating all those who kill animals, but don't mind cutting their grass, therby beheading hundreds of thousands of grass heads. Just because you can't hear them scream, doesn't mean they're not.

The scream of the carrot haunts me in my sleep. ...if they only knew....if they only knew....- The Horse(radish) Whisperer

I forget what comedian said this, but I thought I would poop myself.....

"Vegetarians need to do two things; One, don't eat meat! Seems obvious.
Two, shut the F up about it!"

As always, funnier when presented live, but I think we all get the drift.

PS Chef ex, that was really funny, the Horse(radish) whisperer thingy. Thanks for the giggle!

Back