Hello from Riedstadt, Germany

Hi everyone!

I'm embarking on an indoor habanero project so I've decided to join the community. Writing from my office in Riedstadt, Germany. We're about 30 minutes south of Frankfurt on the Rhein river, an area most famous for Riesling wine and albino asparagus.

My goal is to grow and maintain habanero and jalapeno year-round, indoors.

I'm a total newbie at this and have found a lot of great information on this site.

Starting next week with germination.

Hoping for good advice and some comradery.

Wish me luck and nice to meet you all!

Welcome and good luck! I'm also thinking about getting some of my plants to produce this coming winter. Need to get a lot more lights though...

Welcome from St. Louis. I have been to Riedstadt many times on motorcycle rides along the Rhein. I lived just outside of Bitburg, Germany for a couple of years. Absolutely gorgeous area you are working in!

:welcome: from sunny South Florida!

I'm growing all my plants indoors right now. If you need any pointers, let me know.

Hi everyone!

I'm embarking on an indoor habanero project so I've decided to join the community. Writing from my office in Riedstadt, Germany. We're about 30 minutes south of Frankfurt on the Rhein river, an area most famous for Riesling wine and albino asparagus.

My goal is to grow and maintain habanero and jalapeno year-round, indoors.

I'm a total newbie at this and have found a lot of great information on this site.

Starting next week with germination.

Hoping for good advice and some comradery.

Wish me luck and nice to meet you all!
Hi Ausmith, and welcome from western Massachusetts. Would you be near Wurzburg? I spent a little time there, and in Kitzingen once. Absolutely loved the Yaegerschnitzel and Dunkelweizen. Cheers

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina - North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

I have been to Riedstadt many times on motorcycle rides along the Rhein. I lived just outside of Bitburg, Germany for a couple of years. Absolutely gorgeous area you are working in!

Small world! Lot's of motorcycles around here for sure... the riding is great. We're heading to my wife's familie's weekend house in the Odenwald - not sure if you road there, but it's fabulous riding and on Sunday's you hear bikes all day long.

Cheers!

Hi Ausmith, and welcome from western Massachusetts. Would you be near Wurzburg? I spent a little time there, and in Kitzingen once. Absolutely loved the Yaegerschnitzel and Dunkelweizen. Cheers

Würzburg is about an hour from me. Drive by it on occasion when heading down towards Nürnberg.

Schnitzel and beer - two things the Germans have figured out. Spicy food is something they need to work on, thus part of the reason for my pepper project. Can't get good hot peppers without driving to a specialty shop.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone....

Pretty sure I'm going to do a Glog.

See you all around!

Back