Hello From Salem Oregon

Hi,

Recently joined. Not new to gardening, kinda new to hot peppers. I'm planning and preparing for next year. I can't take much heat, yet, but I sure do like the looks of the peppers. I'm getting a couple of SFRBs, so I'll be sampling some of  the super hots.

Learned my lesson the hard way to wear gloves, counting out some seeds of Fatalii (sp?) and then going to the bathroom. Ugh. The burn lasted longer than I liked. Next time I was very careful to push the seeds into the coin envelope with a pencil, then I licked the envelope to seal it. Lesson two learned.

Just as an aside, I don't have PayPal (just don't like the horror stories I've heard from when things go wrong), don't want pay pay, I know, stupid. But like Salvador Dali said, “The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.” So, if you've list something I like, I'll be offering to send the $$ to you. Feel free to say no, I won't be offended.

Thanks for listening. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, in progess.

Orekoc

Welcome to THP ....be careful with the superhots dude if your not use to the heat...trust me from experience lol...

I ate a choco scorpion last weekend from a THP member and it literally kicked my ass, I wanted to die ...

Enjoy your stay dude..:)

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

:welcome:  from Delaware!  I've done done the same with not wearing gloves before and it's miserable. Made sauce one time and cut up peppers with no gloves and proceeded to take my contact lenses out that night...........just horrible. Even worse was when i had to put them back in the next morning, eyes completely sealed shut and could barely pry them open enough to squirt saline and then milk into my eyes. But that was years ago when I first started and have learned much since then. Hope you enjoy your time here as these are an amazing bunch of people here

hottoddy said:
Welcome, from a former Oregonian!
You'll be back. Once an Oregonian, always an Oregonian.

Scorched said:
:welcome:  from Delaware!  I've done done the same with not wearing gloves before and it's miserable. Made sauce one time and cut up peppers with no gloves and proceeded to take my contact lenses out that night...........just horrible. Even worse was when i had to put them back in the next morning, eyes completely sealed shut and could barely pry them open enough to squirt saline and then milk into my eyes. But that was years ago when I first started and have learned much since then. Hope you enjoy your time here as these are an amazing bunch of people here
I feel for you man!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Back