Hello from St Louis

Hi, i grow pepper every year but usually just jalapeno, Dragon chili hybrid, sweet banana and bells. While the amounts have been great ive been underwhelmed with the heat level  and flavor of Mammoth and Gigantic jalapenos so this year i mixed it up much more.

This year im growing

Early Jalapeno from chileplants dot com
Lemon Drop from chileplants dot com
Serrano from chileplants dot com
NuMex Big Jim from chileplants dot com
Pepperoncini from chileplants dot com.....very odd looking pepperoncini

Super Chili from BloomIQ
Habanero from BloomIQ
Both have been outstanding producers BTW

Cowhorn from Bonnie
These are much spicier than expected and a great producer.

Super Chili of unknown origin but it looks the same as the BloomIQ plant

2 kinds of Asian yard long beans from rareseeds dot com
Mexican Sour Gherkins from rareseeds dot com
Indian Bur Gherkins from rareseeds dot com
Snow peas from rareseeds dot com
The red noodles beans have been crazy producers but the black seeded yard longs still dont have any.

I ferment a lot of cabbage for kraut and make my own kimchi. I love Korean mild pepper flakes and they are cheap at my Asian local markets. 3lbs of flakes runs under $8 and they work great in lots of foods other than kimchi. This year i started fermenting hot sauce too.

:welcome:  to the THP forums from SC! Nice selection of peppers... love those Lemon Drops!  ;) I used to ferment all kinds of things also, various krauts being one of them (traditional cabbage, kale, collard, Brussels sprouts, etc.. And I LOVE kimchi!) Nice to have you aboard! 

Im becoming extremely fond of the lemon drop peppers..Great yield and a reasonable heat level. Finding real lemon drops and not a mislabeled one can be a slight challenge though. The ones i got from chileplants appear to be the real deal. Ive seen Aji Limon listed as lemon drop several times but they look slightly different.

Mine look exactly like the photo from their website
lemon-drop-pepper-plants.jpg

Back