Hello from the Pacific Coast

:cool:      i am relatively new to the Super Hot Pepper scene and am excited to be a part of this forum ThanX for allowing me to participate. 

[SIZE=10.5pt]     For 33 years now i have used SHU type of seasoning for all my foods, as my sense of taste has been effected by the loss of my sense of smell. Over the years one builds up a tolerance to the Peppers burn so i gradually searched for an increasingly higher amount of SHU in my food. About three years ago i tried the Bhut Jolokia or Ghost Pepper which was then the Guinness world record holder, surprisingly i was able to eat it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]     Then last year i grew about three plants on my apartment porch and harvested about 60 peppers. i use them on everything! This year a friend allowed me to grow two plants in their community garden and i have one on my porch. Unfortunately the plants in their garden are 1/3 the size of my porch plant and have yet to produce any fruit. My porch plant is doing great in mid August i was able to harvest about 15 Bhut Jolokia (Ghost) Peppers and thought that the conclusion of the season might bring an additional 20 or so peppers from the plant, However today 09/15/2014 i counted over 100 peppers on my plant, lol the branches are even sagging. i can only guess that maybe the new fertilizer played a part that with the weekly release of about 30 lady bugs to help not only keep the aphids down but i think the Lady bugs also pollinate as they search every mm of my plant for food. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]     If i could figure out how to post a picture to my page i would show you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]     I kept some seeds from last years plants but none of them sprouted this year. i have been saving seeds from other types of plants over the years all of which grew for additional generations. In the past i kept the seeds in a breathable container, This time i put them in a zip-lock bag, i thought the peppers were plenty mature. i do not understand why they did not grow anyone have an idea as to how or were i went wrong?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]​     Any advice is welcome and [/SIZE]encouraged.

G'day mate. For the posting of pictures i recommened reading this tutorial- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33270-posting-picture-tutorial/

I'm not really sure why your seeds would not have germinated for you, a wild guess would be that they weren't dried out enough when stored in the zip lock bag maybe.

Anyway welcome to THP and if anyone tells you off for your style of writing just insert a space every now and then, that should shut them up :lol:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

We love hot peppers here, we also like hot conversations. After reading your bio, you will fit in nicely here in both the pepper related forums and the hot topics forums.

Welcome! With your seeds, did you just throw them in the ziplock back or did you wrap them in paper towels, then put them in the plastic bags? I always put the seeds in a paper towel, fold it up, then put it in the plastic bag. I have had no trouble getting things to grow so far with doing this!

:cool:  ThanX Everyone for the warm welcome. 

I put the seeds with a paper towel in a zip-lock bag after i dried them for a week or so.

ThanX for the tip Nova :)
VirgilCane said:
Welcome! With your seeds, did you just throw them in the ziplock back or did you wrap them in paper towels, then put them in the plastic bags? I always put the seeds in a paper towel, fold it up, then put it in the plastic bag. I have had no trouble getting things to grow so far with doing this!

Nova said:
G'day mate. For the posting of pictures i recommened reading this tutorial- http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33270-posting-picture-tutorial/

I'm not really sure why your seeds would not have germinated for you, a wild guess would be that they weren't dried out enough when stored in the zip lock bag maybe.

Anyway welcome to THP and if anyone tells you off for your style of writing just insert a space every now and then, that should shut them up :lol:

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back