• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Hells Kitchen BBQ orgy

3rd day of having the house to myself and only now I fired up the BBQ. Blashpemey... how ever the hell one spells that. 

So yeah, soaked the Hickory chips, placed them in the smoker box and fired up the grill with some "shashlicks" and chicken wings marinated in my special Hell Kitchen Rub. So yeah cook the shashlicks, get a good sear on 'em, then get to business with the wings and smoker box. Sear the wings for a good 15 mins on the grill, but seem to be having trouble getting the temp high enough. Oh well.... on goes the smoker box onto the burner and move the wings to indirect cooking. Check after 15 mins, and the smoker box is ON FIRE.... ON FREAKING FIRE, but the oven thermometer next to the wings is barely touching 225F.....  Da Fuq you ask.... well I ask the same thing....

K... so I turn the burners down slightly, put out the fire in the smoker box and all is well. Wings are grilling away on indirect and go inside for a half hour. Come back outside to check my wings.... and WTF all the burners and everything is DEAD and the bloody grill is stone cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No freaking way. I RAN OUT OF GAS.!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap shitballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to finish the wings off in the oven. And they were consumed during a watching of Family Guy. Incidentally, the wings had quite a crispy skin. And Family Guy was a crack up as well. Peter Griffin gets stupider ever season LOL 

I try to post photos but my phone and/or computer is being a dick smoker and saying " no new photos found" when infact i spammed photos like hell, so bear with me while I deal with my dick head mongoloid turd banger computer drug addict douche bag computer. Never had probs downloading pics froom my phone to my comp before, but my compiuter doesnt even recognise my phone, that drug addicted shit heap. Herp de derp 

Poasring A Thread about BBQ and not having pictures and a dick hole penis eating computer is no excuse. So here is some poor qualility pics from my $400 phone of my haul....there is in my home made Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce and Orange Marmalade. Just need to get a new gas bottle now...

1_zps2ad8ab54.jpg

2_zps24c3c686.jpg

My computer is going to meet a well deserved death in my pool. Not before I hit it with a crowbar though.

lol damn I'll have to apologise on behalf of my friend, Mr Jack Daniel. 

I did manage to get my computer to download the photos on my phone. Last night's wings, rubbed in special Hells Kitchen rub and smoked for an hour until the GAS RAN OUT! Had to finish 'em off in the oven. Seeing as I am too hungover to drive, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get a new gas bottle. Today will have to make do with the stove-top grill plate. 

wings1_zps8017b090.jpg

wing2_zpsd408057a.jpg

Some pork ribs grilled on the hot plate.

Marinated in some homemade Plum sauce and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

The lefties are the plum sauce, righties are BBQ sauce.
rib1_zps1665d842.jpg

I think I murdered my smoker box last night :scared:
smokerdead_zpse819efef.jpg

On teh indoor grill
ribgrill3_zpsbcd4d595.jpg

ribgrill1_zps5ffecf61.jpg

Plated!
ribjuice_zpsf36b8142.jpg

Lamb chops done on the trusty stove top grill plate. Hopefully tomorrow I can finally pick up a gas bottle for the BBQ, hoping that I will not be too hungover to drive. 

marinatelamb_zps46d29cff.jpg

lambgrill2_zpsffdc5e11.jpg

lambgrill1_zpsbe152001.jpg

lamb1_zpsae5fffcf.jpg

lambred2_zps6728866c.jpg

lambred1_zpsfd202336.jpg

texas blues said:
Damn guud luukin' lamb chops HK!

What kine-o-hotness you got goin' on there?

Medium to high for a couple mins each side... then rested under foil. I think that answers your question :D

Wait .... you're talking about chilli right? I have to apolgise my good sir, in my present Jack Daniels highness my ............ mind is not a max capacity.  Marinated in Lemon pepper, pepper, salt, garlic powder and a little cayenne. Don't like too much heat on my lamb and steaks, but a little is always good for that extra kick 

Now for those ribs.... I crushed a good 6 Birds Eye Chillis into both the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and Plum marinade, but the end result was as cool as the waters off Nova Scotia. I need to get me some Ghost peppers. My tolerance is shot. 

texas blues said:

Oh boy.

:high:

Lol I totally misinterpreted your post. Once again my good friend Mr Jack Daniel has managed to troll me. 

Anyways, hoping to get the the hardware store tomorrow and get a gas bottle for my spare ribs. Need to pick up a bag of Hickory chips aswell. Hangover severity pending. 

Back