• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help me Id these :)

Chilima said:
Those dont really look like reapers or bhuts to me.

Looks like some bonnet/goat/mushroom pepper?
Oh really? We ordered them expecting it to be one of those crazy hot peppers, that would be a real disappointment :(

And thanks, first time growing them, growing them hydroponically :)

That is unfortunate did you grow them from seed?  You can check vendor vault here there are some very good vendors and people who you can get seeds/pepper that are the real deal.

Chilima said:
That is unfortunate did you grow them from seed?  You can check vendor vault here there are some very good vendors and people who you can get seeds/pepper that are the real deal.
That'd be great, thanks for the advice :) and yes, grew them from seed. They've been planted for 108 days thus far

Chilima said:
Well the good thing here is , it seems like you did great job growing them which means once you acquire legit seeds you can grow them easily.
It's kinda funny actually, I have 8 things growing in that hydroponic system and those peppers shot up and are basically blocking the light for everything else. Also thanks for the help, I really appreciate it

Sammy1019 said:
It's kinda funny actually, I have 8 things growing in that hydroponic system and those peppers shot up and are basically blocking the light for everything else. Also thanks for the help, I really appreciate it
Welcome to THP. this is how i found my way here so a little advice.

Set up a profile pic and return often :P lot of honest good vendors on here! Some even sell the plants already started so you wont miss too much time.

Looking like Bishops crown or brazilian starfish based on pod shape. Should be nice tasty peppers either way.
Just not going to be super hot at a guess....
+1 on SOS comment above, lots of good trusted vendors here.

bishops-crown-pepper-plants_zpsabnhcdgk.jpg

I also say they look like Bishops Crown....I grew them last year so the pods are still pictured real clear in my head.

Both the flowers and pods look very baccatum-like to me. So I agree that it is likely a Bishop's Crown or other baccatum species pepper. On the bright side, the baccatums can be very tasty peppers, and yours looks like it is quite healthy and podding up nicely. It is just not the superhot chinense type that you paid for. As others have said, check the Vendor Vault here to find reliable vendors of seeds and live plants. Buying seeds from random vendors on Amazon and Ebay is a crapshoot. No reason to do that when there are so many tried and true seed vendors just a mouse click away  :)

I would take a look at what Judy at pepperlovers.com has for sale, she is one of the best vendors here. I can't say just what it may be as it could be a cross of anything most likely a baccatum of some sort.

Back