Help me make a good BLOODY MARY.

As I am a fan of bloody mary`s , I came across some really good versions in restaurants and bars in the US.
I have been trying to make many different versions since I got home that dont come close. I know there are few people here that drink them...

Please post your most favourite ingredients for a BLOODY MARY ! Spices, salts, chilli, booze, etc.
Thanx
CM

Bloody Mary's rule! Not too much horseradish or it tastes like cocktail sauce. Jerk sauce works wonders. See my Bloody Jerk!

Uh, no it's common is Bloody Mary's, which is what you asked about. :lol:

You took out "WTF" LOL. Oh chilliman is classic!

Ive only really made them with the following:
vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt, black pepper, birdseye chilli powder, lemon or lime juice, and celery salt.

What other variations can I try ?

Horsradish I will give that a go, how much would you use boss ?

Pepperfreak said:
Typically Vodka. Here, check out this web site: www.thebar.com You can get any drink recipe that you can imagine here. Oh, and don't blam me if it gets the better of you. :lol:

they seem to have the same ingredients in most of them ;)
But great ref !

--------------------------------------------

found this:

Reata's Famous Bloody Mary Mix
This recipe is from the famous Reata Restaurant in Fort Worth, Texas.

Ingredients:

1 quart good-quality tomato juice
6 oz. Worcestershire sauce
1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 T Tabasco sauce
1 T red pepper flakes
1 T cracked black pepper
1 t dried dill, or 2 t chopped fresh dill
¼ C grated fresh horseradish
Directions:
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend for 1 minute. Use as needed. The mix will last for up to 2 days, covered and refrigerated.

thehotpepper.com said:
You took out "WTF" LOL. Oh chilliman is classic!

Diplomatic :lol:

You pretty much got the base ingredients. It's all proper proportions from there on, I never make them consistently enough to have it mastered. Horseradish, just try a bit- is always good as THP said IMO. Wonder how a bit of wasabi would be?

Most people like vodka, but I like gin too. Use a lot of Clamato in my base most of the time too. And a spanish olive, maybe a lime. I love a pint of Clamato, Gin and half beer now and then on a Sunday morning. But that ain't a BM.

I hope someone has some good from scratch recipes, need one too...

Bloody Marys are my drink of choice...

I cheat with my starter mix...I use Mr & Mrs T's bold and spicy, then add 5 splashes of Tabasco sauce, a 3-4 count of worcestershire, about a 1/8 tsp 7 pot puree, and the absolute cheapest vodka I can find...I can't see putting expensive vodka in them because the flavor of the vodka is covered up anyway...JMO..

AlabamaJack said:
Bloody Marys are my drink of choice...

I cheat with my starter mix...I use Mr & Mrs T's bold and spicy, then add 5 splashes of Tabasco sauce, a 3-4 count of worcestershire, about a 1/8 tsp 7 pot puree, and the absolute cheapest vodka I can find...I can't see putting expensive vodka in them because the flavor of the vodka is covered up anyway...JMO..

HEY wait a second.....TABASCO? I can dig the 7 pot puree but where's the freaking ZERO at also, tough guy?:lol:

I usually do bloody maria's...tequila, V8,(regular tom juice has too much sodium) worcestershire, about 6-7 olives and a tablespoon or so of the brine juice, either a douche of my hab sauce or a splooge of sririacha rooster, squeezin's of lime and/or lemon wedges, and about 4 pickled asparagus for stirrers.

Take that and add a pile of shrimp...25/30's are about right.

I've used Emirils Recipe but instead of using all tomato juice I use 1/2 Clamato and 1/2 Tomato juice mix

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
3/4 cups vodka
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Pickled green beans or okra, for garnish
Cocktail onions, for garnish
Directions
Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a small pitcher and stir to combine. Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve over ice with pickled green beans or okra and cocktail onions for garnish.

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

You can try using Clamato instead of tomato juice for a Bloody Caesar - it's the national cocktail of Canada! Good stuff, too! ;)

I must be lazy...

I use 8oz. Spicy V8 juice, 2oz. of vodka, 1tsp. worcestershire sauce, fresh cracked black pepper, Tabasco sauce, and a handfull of ice.

Nothing fancy...but it works for me! ;)

here is a quote directly off Defcon's web site......

"Bloody Mary mix (A.K.A. DEFCON Mary) - I know folks, you're asking yourself, "Who the Hell came up with this?" Well, many things are possible after imbibing a few bottled inebriation devices, (a.k.a. Bottles of beer). When it was ordered, the client, who for now, shall remain anonymous, asked the bartender for vodka, ice and worcestershire sauce in a Bloody Mary glass, he then put a good blub of DEFCON Sauce (roughly 2 ounces) into the glass and shook it up. Admittedly I was apprehensive about trying it, but, well, the rest is history. I highly suggest it."

enough said.......

paulky_2000 said:
I must be lazy...

I use 8oz. Spicy V8 juice, 2oz. of vodka, 1tsp. worcestershire sauce, fresh cracked black pepper, Tabasco sauce, and a handfull of ice.

Nothing fancy...but it works for me! ;)

Do that but add a pureed Naga or Scorp in there.:mouthonfire:

Dyce51 said:
here is a quote directly off Defcon's web site......

"Bloody Mary mix (A.K.A. DEFCON Mary) - I know folks, you're asking yourself, "Who the Hell came up with this?" Well, many things are possible after imbibing a few bottled inebriation devices, (a.k.a. Bottles of beer). When it was ordered, the client, who for now, shall remain anonymous, asked the bartender for vodka, ice and worcestershire sauce in a Bloody Mary glass, he then put a good blub of DEFCON Sauce (roughly 2 ounces) into the glass and shook it up. Admittedly I was apprehensive about trying it, but, well, the rest is history. I highly suggest it."

enough said.......

Nice! Why not? Already plannin on some BM's tomarrow. I have some Defcon and am gonna try it. Maybe half Defcon, half clamato, and then all the other stuff...

Back