• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Help me put together a great sauce :)

Ok here is what I have to work with.

Vinegars: Apple Cider and Red Wine infused with Pomegranate.

Veggies(Non-spicy): Carrots, Onions, and garlic.

Fruit: Lemons, Peaches, Apples, Strawberries(frozen), Blueberries(frozen), Red Raspberries(frozen), and Bananas.

Juices: Mango Nectar and guava nectar.

Miscellaneous: Local fresh clove honey, fresh dried apples, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire Sauce

Spices: All of your normal everyday spices.

Peppers available: 3 Naga Morich, 12 freshly dried Thai's, 1 Trinidad Douglah, 1 Trinidad Scorpion Marouga Blend, 10 Peruvian White Habaneros, 1 Chocolate Chinense(Not sure of the variety), 1 Bonda Ma Jacque, a couple orange habs, and a few banana's. I also have a few yellow 7's that are just about fully ripe.

So what I would like to do is get some input from all of you and see what I come up with. I found a couple cool swing bottles that I want to use from now on. I appreciate any and all input on this lil project.

I am looking for something quite hot but with some really good flavors. Let me know your ideas. :D THANKS

I always start by making a base. For example. I think orange habaneros have a mango or orange flavor--along with the distinct habanero flavor. My base would be; mango, orange and orange habs. Another example; passion fruit, pineapple and chocolate habs.

I don't over-complicate flavors and usually stick with a base with no more than two ingredients. Since I think a chocolate habenero has a flavor similar to a passion fruit, combined they would make a single flavor ingredient. The second would be something to compliment the other, in my case pineapple. I found the best and easiest thing to remember is to keep it simple.

I've made sauces and glazes from the two bases above and everyone seemed to enjoy them. I also have help from a girlfriend and a nephew that will eat nearly anything, so we all give our opinions on the taste of a certain pepper. Everyone has different tastebuds, so a chocolate hab may taste similar to grapefruit to some people.

Have fun :mouthonfire:

Sound advice.....and:

:welcome:

Back