• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HELP my Barrackpore is looking bad

All new and small leaves are getting crunched up with black suff all over them.And the top is all messed up.It was a perfect plant last week and now this..Any help people..

I am not sure what it is either, but I would get it away from your other plants ASAP as a precaution. Not sure if you are going to be able to save it though.

My condolences, and I have some set on my plants now, so I should be able to send you some pods in about a month or so to be able to try.
jacob

I would flush the soil with heaps of fresh water (ph balanced) and see if it came good after that. Will help if overfeeding is the problem but that's only a weak guess. Are any of your ather plants showing signs of this problem bro?

Oh yeah what jss said, get it away from your other plants just in case it is a virus or similar.

Flush the soil with peroxide; 1/4 c. per gallon of water. Definitely looks like a disease. Trim away the top and worst leaves. Isolate the plant from your others as mentioned above. Good luck.
If the peroxide works then I would recommend a re-pot in a new pot and soil.

Wow. Something that quick is usually either fungal or bacterial. And it looks like it is hitting the whole plant, not just new growth or old growth. Check the roots and work your way up. I'd remove the old soil, spray with fungicide and replant. Also disinfect the pot before putting it back. This time of year is bad for fungus infections. Lots of heat, humidity and rain which leads to damp, soggy soil at the bottom of pots and standing water.

Good luck.

I was thinking fert burn but that went away quick. Agree with possible fungus and recommended fix by ditter and AjarnV. Good luck

When you're potting it up I would hit the roots again with the peroxide/water solution one last time before covering.

I would flush the soil with heaps of fresh water (ph balanced) and see if it came good after that. Will help if overfeeding is the problem but that's only a weak guess. Are any of your ather plants showing signs of this problem bro?

Oh yeah what jss said, get it away from your other plants just in case it is a virus or similar.
All the plants in same soil and treated the same.Its the only one.haha.The plant is all brittle now.the leaves are still green but feel like paper.I think its a goner but will keep at it.

It has some disease obviously. Just reduce the stress on it and help it survive on it's own. Keep it in the shade, no direct sun. PM Potawie to look at the thread and take any advice he gives.

Back