• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help Needed Plz

i have some plants growing in my greenhouse and 4 out of 18 plants there leaves are growing strange
any1 please help. should i seperate them from the others??

P1000659.jpg

P1000660.jpg

P1000661.jpg

Misshapen leaves can be a sign of a calcium deficiency.

What is in the soil ?

Edit:

Here is a useful pic you should save on your PC you can use to help identify nutrient deficiencies:

ehjkgp.jpg

wavy margins like that are fairly normal to alot of chininses ive grown. i wouldn't worry about it much.
i usually notice it when they are growing rapidly.

they look kind of pale? but idk could be the photo.

i wouldn't worry about it.

Gypsum can be a good source of calcium and can be dissolved in water readily.

Queequeg may very well be on the money though and you have nothing to worry about :)

That said you wouldn't kill you plants with a bit of gypsum - however if you have used potting mix there is a very good chance that gypsum has already been added (check the bag), which would be another pointer towards Queequeg being correct.

ok plants are getting worse, believe its nitrogen deff.
plants leaves are yellowing and falling off.

so would it be to much or to little nitrogen??
all this started to happen when i put them in biggger pots and im using organic potting mix now
want to get this fixed asap before i loose all my hard work

Hey Lance just a guess,
being in the hothouse perhaps its too humid and the soil too wet,
having the roots too wet could cause a bit of root rot thus slowing the intake of nutrients
do you know the ph of the soil? if this is out, thius also can slow the intake of nutrients also.
I'd suggest bring them out under some dappled shade and let them dry out a bit first,
then perhaps a tonic like seaweed or worm juice!!!

ok plants are getting worse, believe its nitrogen deff.
plants leaves are yellowing and falling off.

so would it be to much or to little nitrogen??
all this started to happen when i put them in biggger pots and im using organic potting mix now
want to get this fixed asap before i loose all my hard work

any new pics you can show us?

and what are you feeding them?

I think the best thing you can do is just pot them up into a good potting mix that has sustained release fertiliser in it.
and forget about them for a week or two (most people kill their plants with kindness)
chillies are big boys, most time they can just take care of themselves.
as long as the ph is correct and you have good soil with some sustained release fertilliser
and you water occansionally with some seaweed extract or worm juice (every 2 weeks or so)
all should be fine, too many people say ohh its deficiancy this or too much that
most times its just too much stuffing around with the plants.....

Back